entry requirments for A levels and combinations

Watch
glamourprincess
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
hi i know I need 5 gcses at a 5 or above for A levels and if doing science A levels need a 6 or above in at least two science subjects but overall does the grade 5 have to be from foundation or higher tier or both?
also which is the best combination for A levels if wanting to get into child nursing or pyschology (health)?
biology chemistry physics
biology pyschology and sociology
biology chemistry psychology
or biology pyschology sociology and english laungage
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by glamourprincess)
hi i know I need 5 gcses at a 5 or above for A levels and if doing science A levels need a 6 or above in at least two science subjects but overall does the grade 5 have to be from foundation or higher tier or both?
also which is the best combination for A levels if wanting to get into child nursing or pyschology (health)?
biology chemistry physics
biology pyschology and sociology
biology chemistry psychology
or biology pyschology sociology and english laungage
Check with the school on entry requirements but imo you are more likely to need 6 to study that subject at A level.
If they accept 5 then it wont matter whether its from higher or foundation tier.

Depending on your age, then BTEC or Access is an option.

For child nursing then they want some science content so one science A level should be enough or they will accept something like health and social care.

Once you meet the criteria i..e one science if you are doing A level, then go for the two A levels you enjoy the most and will get the best grades in.
Check the entry criteria to be sure.

I would avoid three science unless you have real aptitude and like them.
Psychology has no required A levels, so to cover both of your options it would be:

1x science (Bio prob and or Chem) 1x Psych although its not required. 1 other A level you enjoy and can get a good grade in.
Do your research and find out which interests and which ones you think you could cope with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (72)
15.58%
Uncertainty around my education (79)
17.1%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (42)
9.09%
Isolating with family (28)
6.06%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (19)
4.11%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (38)
8.23%
Loneliness (45)
9.74%
Financial worries (15)
3.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (44)
9.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (33)
7.14%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (47)
10.17%

Watched Threads