The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Spindles at Broadgate Park

Just recieved my letter giving me a place in spindles. I have this awful feeling it is single sex...is this the case?! I've looked on the net and the forums and can find very little about it. Anyone know anything or have any pictures?

Many thanks

Chloe
Reply 1
The vast majority of flats at Broadgate Park are single sex, but the blocks are mixed sex. So it is highly likely that you have been put into a single sex flat.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
i live in spindles at the moment (but for only one more week - sob!), flats are single sex, with boys downstairs to defend the ladies' honour in case of intruders and girls are on the higher floors. its on three stories and with three flats on each level, let me know if you have any more questions - good luck with your exams xx
iamanicelady
i live in spindles at the moment (but for only one more week - sob!), flats are single sex, with boys downstairs to defend the ladies' honour in case of intruders and girls are on the higher floors. its on three stories and with three flats on each level, let me know if you have any more questions - good luck with your exams xx

Do you think you feel a little excluded from the rest of the university - obviously most of the accommodation is catered and on campus.... Does the fact you don't eat together or the fact it's a little far away from the campus exclude you in any way do you think?
Reply 4
cricketmaestro123
Do you think you feel a little excluded from the rest of the university - obviously most of the accommodation is catered and on campus.... Does the fact you don't eat together or the fact it's a little far away from the campus exclude you in any way do you think?

there are loads of threads on the same issue. if you don't make the effort you'll exclude yourself from others. people on bgp have the same fun (maybe a bit less) than those in halls.
La Trampa
there are loads of threads on the same issue. if you don't make the effort you'll exclude yourself from others. people on bgp have the same fun (maybe a bit less) than those in halls.

could you possibly direct me to the other threads.. i have looked and cannot find.. are you speaking from experience btw? Have you been in both catered and self-catered?
Reply 6
yes i've lived in both and all you have to do is look back the past 1-3 pages and there are loads of threads where people ask if they're better off living in halls/bgp and why and if making friends is easy or if bgp has a more active social life etc.
Reply 7
I'd say that broadgaters have a much better time - apart from anything BGP has a MUCH bigger budget to throw parties with than any of the catered halls - so our parties and formals are always legendary! The other side is that while you get to eat with loads of people in catered halls, it means that you have a wide and varied friendship group, which tends to die out when you leave catered halls, but because you're living with the same 5 or 6 people in broadgate, you create a much stronger bond that last throughout uni and beyond
Reply 8
Back to the original post... does that mean some of the flats are mixed???
Reply 9
some but very few. most of the flats are single sex, the buildings will be mixed.
I lived in Spindles and the flat was mixed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending