physics question help Watch

lilTrain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
if a 20kg kettle is given 35W in the same time it takes Johnny to walk up the stairs, at which speed does the kettle fly when i throw it at a wall in frustration, and how far away is the wall of which i throw it at, in micrometres?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
uh-nells
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i would say approx. 1.3m/s if the kettle is thrown at a right angle to the wall and the wall is about 69 meters away.
RazzzBerries
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
When questions like this come up tomorrow instead of stuff from the spec 😂 :facepalm:
lilTrain
Rep:
?
(Original post by uh-nells)
i would say approx. 1.3m/s if the kettle is thrown at a right angle to the wall and the wall is about 69 meters away.
i got 17.7m/s
assuming Johnny is fat and takes 90s to walk up the stairs
whatever we only lose 25 marks if that question came up
lilTrain
Rep:
?
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
When questions like this come up tomorrow instead of stuff from the spec 😂 :facepalm:
innit, the diesel car one from paper 2 was random to me
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by lilTrain)
innit, the diesel car one from paper 2 was random to me
Same. It’s like they ran out of idea lol
lilTrain
Rep:
?
Same. It’s like they ran out of idea lol
yeah i swear they are, even them giving us those overdone english literature questions

also i revamped the question to be more realistic to what might actually come up
A kettle of 20kg is given 35W in the same time it takes Shakira to walk up a flight of 2m stairs at the speed of 2m/s. I pick up the kettle to make tea, then drop it in surprise when i see spiderman in the doorway. Assuming i dropped it at shoulder-height and the ratio height of feet>shoulder:shoulder>head is 11:3, how tall am I?
[2 marks]

😂😭
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by lilTrain)
yeah i swear they are, even them giving us those overdone english literature questions

also i revamped the question to be more realistic to what might actually come up
A kettle of 20kg is given 35W in the same time it takes Shakira to walk up a flight of 2m stairs at the speed of 2m/s. I pick up the kettle to make tea, then drop it in surprise when i see spiderman in the doorway. Assuming i dropped it at shoulder-height and the ratio height of feet>shoulder:shoulder>head is 11:3, how tall am I?
[2 marks]

😂😭
Trust meee

Wys that's only worth 1 mark :lol:

Spoiler:
Show
Did you do AQA Chem yesterday? Wth was that one mark balancing equation question?! :rofl:
lilTrain
Rep:
?
Trust meee

Wys that's only worth 1 mark :lol:

Spoiler:
Show
Did you do AQA Chem yesterday? Wth was that one mark balancing equation question?! :rofl:
i spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out that crap idk why it was so hard, so i just put random numbers lol i failed chemistry anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads