OU w101 law Watch

ebony.lewis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
hi! i'm starting my Law Degree with OU in october. I have a 2.5 year old so im wanting to get a head start to make it easier! can anyone suggest any reading materials i can take notes from? and where i can find them? i can't find what i would need to study on my OU Student home.
JollyCynic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
OU modules typically use in-house developed materials for studying. Later modules in stage 2 or 3 might include more external texts. I don't know whether or not W101 used to have physical books, but currently all W101 materials are online only, so you'll have to wait for the website to open in September for access to the materials.
Fwd
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi, you really do not need a head start for W101. The first few weeks is made so so simple, I am certain you will have no problems. Enjoy your time off while it lasts!!! Haha. The module website does open a few weeks before it officially begins, so if you want to jump ahead, that is where you can do so

The only advice I will give is that because W101 (and all of OU Law, tbh) is full of reading... If you are not already a regular reader, maybe get a few books! Just some fiction, a novel, anything you will enjoy, even a magazine. This is help you when you start having to read all the study material and casebooks, etc which can be a shock if you are not an avid reader.

You could also watch some of the OU student hub videos on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOD...v_M4p4w/videos

There are lots targeted at the law students, eg: studying tips and what not. I recommend the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3k6oNOtogo
bthf84
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi. I'm starting W101 in October too. A friend studied this last year and has said that the Open Learn course 'Starting with Law' is a great introduction and covers the first couple of weeks of W101.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (336)
15.62%
The paper was reasonable (1171)
54.44%
Not feeling great about that exam... (465)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (179)
8.32%

Watched Threads