I need help progressing from GCSEs to A levels

Watch
jack.winterss_
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
so I'm currently sitting my GCSE exams and have one more left to go, and I'm going to my schools 6th form next year. I'm thinking of choosing AQA product design/Design and Technology, Edexcel maths and either economics: Edexcel B or AQA Physics. out of interest if anyone reading this takes any of those subjects is there any advice you would give me. for example, what revisions guides to use, the best revision resources to use and how best to cope with the 6th for workload?
I want to study architecture at university but also want some background knowledge in business/economics as an alternate or 'back-up' career path - so with this in mind should I take Physics or economics at A level
Last edited by jack.winterss_; 2 years ago
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Moved to the a-levels forum
Chickpea0
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I don't do any of these subjects at A-level but i can help you with transitioning from GCSE to it. This is from my personal opinion but as long as you keep up with your notes and revision material (e.g flashcards) and make sure you actually use it throughout the year it isn't as hard as people make out. It is just a lot of work so as long as you have a goal in mine, which you do, and take subjects you actually find interesting the transition wont be that hard
jack.winterss_
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
thank you very much I've heard its a lot of work but I'm up for it, I guess, thank you again I appreciate it
(Original post by Chickpea0)
Hey, I don't do any of these subjects at A-level but i can help you with transitioning from GCSE to it. This is from my personal opinion but as long as you keep up with your notes and revision material (e.g flashcards) and make sure you actually use it throughout the year it isn't as hard as people make out. It is just a lot of work so as long as you have a goal in mine, which you do, and take subjects you actually find interesting the transition wont be that hard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10.13%
Okay (25)
31.65%
A bit lacking (22)
27.85%
Not good at all (24)
30.38%

Watched Threads