The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I for sure got 0.155% and 48%(so did the rest of my class) but I can remember my answers for the other two
Original post by ellathenerd
0.61 for rf question.
0.155% first question
48%
3.2?
Reply 81
I only put about darkness because in the stem it had about the lid and darkness in the same sentence so I believed AQA were being nice. Should have known better
Original post by Jademorgan1
Don’t worry about it mine isn’t necessarily right haha and it was only two marks!!
Reply 82
Original post by The Anarchist7
I got 48 percent

i got 48% too, im 99% sure its correct
It effects the autonomic nervous system which consists of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems which either inhibit or excite the SAN in the heart.
How does the myelin seath being damaged effect rhythms of the heart tho. Wording on this question is gonna be awful in the mark scheme
Reply 84
No one cares about hardy Weinberg lol
Do you think the 10 Base pairs was a trick Question and the one with the pH stuff?

For the pH I hope if got 2 marks cause I said no stats test so don’t know the different. With the genotype one I didn’t have enough time so I just left it
Reply 86
it said 64% grey bodied and grey bodied was dominant so could be GG or Gg. So p^2 + 2pq = 0.64 so q^2 = 0.36. finish the rest and get 0.48 for 2pq.
Original post by namelessfeelsx
I got 32% as well... because dominant homozygous would be p^2 so p=0.8 (after square rooting 0.64), then 1-0.8=0.2, then 2pq= 2x0.8x0.2= 0.32

If it is wrong we would still get marks for multiplying 2 by two other numbers.
Can you say times the percentage coverage by the total area of the small marsh?
Original post by laca123
I said make into a grid then use random number generator for co-ordinates then place quadrats at these points then measure percentage cover and scale up

Submit reply
Reply 88
I got 48 percent

Id be lucky to get that in the whole paper
I put simulates anaerobic respiration because it was dark room so wouldn't usually uptake oxygen as stomata would remain closed (but stomata had been removed).
Original post by mcsqaured
I put that too, as different oxygen may effect how much they can respire and therefore would affect growth

I
Original post by macycarr21
the electrophoresis question, which volunteers did people get for the last question?

If I remember correctly they were asking for volunteers with 250 or 535

And the list was 635,535,500,330,250 or some ****

Volunteers 3 4 and 5 had at least one of them.

I assumed the 200 was the block at the very end because it’s smallest in length so would travel further down gel and the 500 would be one below 600 which is the biggest
Love this absolute vibe
Original post by Jademorgan1
Myelinated neurones don’t do saltatory conduction?

Original post by Virolite
lool mood for the whole paper
I stated the same, why would we get 0 marks ??
Original post by Anonymousegetit?
If for the sampling questions i talked about both quadrats and transects would i get 0 marks, it didn’t say state one method?
I spoke about quadrats the most, but still put transects. I wouldn’t loose marks??
Original post by laca123
i wrote about transects and quadrats for the 5 marker would i get 0?

Original post by jake.ts
No, quadrats is the correct answer! Transects, however, is not. So depends how much you talked about quadrats.
Reply 94
what was the ratio?
What marks do ppl think they scored in this paper?
Probs about 70% ish left 9 marks out and will have made a few stupid mistakes along the way and some of my maths was a bit dodgey but depends on markschemes
Original post by Hangsung
Wbu

Original post by Hangsung
Reply 98
Original post by ChezPlayz
I stated the same, why would we get 0 marks ??

I was thinking if in the mark scheme it says 'reject references to transects' or something like that
5mark on sundew. I spoke about
-random sampling using quadrats
-ensuring 50% square is covered in quadrat to count it
-working out how much of the quadrant was covered, then multiplying that total area...

2 mark digesting= decomposing so are able to get nutrients from insects

For the IAA I got 0.04 vol of IAA and 39.96 vol of distilled water. Highly think that’s very wrong lmao

Original post by 1Secord
I remember there was a question asking about photoionisation. ( 2 marks?)
Another question about how to estimate the population of sundews, a type of insect eating plant, in a marshy bog area. ( 5 marks )
The second part to this question was asking why it is beneficial to the sundews to eat insects when there is a low concentration of nutrients in the soil ( 2 marks ?)

There was another question about calculating the volume of distilled water and the concentrated IAA solution to make 40cm^3 of the solution with a concentration of 10 parts per million? ( I really can't remember the question that well, I just know I struggled with it )

Latest

Trending

Trending