Studying french at Royal Holloway Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey there.

I was looking at some of the courses at Royal Holloway and came across this page https://university.which.co.uk/royal...9-f36f9f0d7056

I noticed that the "Politics" tab shows a dropout rate of 10%, and when you click "French Studies", this jumps to 63%. What is the reason for this?
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey there.

I was looking at some of the courses at Royal Holloway and came across this page https://university.which.co.uk/royal...9-f36f9f0d7056

I noticed that the "Politics" tab shows a dropout rate of 10%, and when you click "French Studies", this jumps to 63%. What is the reason for this?
Hi there,

Our European and International Studies courses tend to have small cohorts of around 15 students with each specializing in one of four languages. In order to progress, students are required to meet our language requirements at the end of each year. If only a few students fail to meet this requirement it will reflect as a large percentage due to the small numbers on the course. While this is stated as a dropout rate, it may be that students do carry on with their studies with us, but undertaking a single honours course within the School of Politics and International Relations.

I hope this is helpful, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Susana
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads