LONG summer Watch

blossomblvd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Every summer i never do much and i get insanely bored (my fault) - i've never been able to come up with something...one of my friends suggested we could go camping because we live near the countryside, and there are a bunch of sandy beaches. Any ideas other than hanging in a field for 11 weeks or getting sand in my shoes that will stay for the next 2 years? Thanks!! :>
jsg9
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you thought about NCS? Stops the boredom for 4 weeks and you'll pick up some good skills along the way too. There might still be some spaces left on a programme near you, and you can often bring a friend too. Something to think about.
(Original post by blossomblvd)
Every summer i never do much and i get insanely bored (my fault) - i've never been able to come up with something...one of my friends suggested we could go camping because we live near the countryside, and there are a bunch of sandy beaches. Any ideas other than hanging in a field for 11 weeks or getting sand in my shoes that will stay for the next 2 years? Thanks!! :>
You Can Be
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm going to learn to cook. I don't normally have time. My Mum is giving me a food budget and I am doing all of the shopping and cooking. I also have 2 work experience weeks (I am not doing the cooking on those weeks).
blossomblvd
Rep:
?
yeah i do have a few friends going but i never got round to the application process. there was a wave (thats what they're called right?) that i was interested in but it got full up :<
(Original post by jsg9)
Have you thought about NCS? Stops the boredom for 4 weeks and you'll pick up some good skills along the way too. There might still be some spaces left on a programme near you, and you can often bring a friend too. Something to think about.
blossomblvd
Rep:
?
hmm that sounds pretty good, my mum does some kickass cooking so i could learn some of her recipes im also thinking about work experience - school normally give it to students at the end of year 10 but mine never did :/ good luck in your work experience!
(Original post by You Can Be)
I'm going to learn to cook. I don't normally have time. My Mum is giving me a food budget and I am doing all of the shopping and cooking. I also have 2 work experience weeks (I am not doing the cooking on those weeks).
jsg9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Might be worth speaking to NCS via their website and seeing if a place has become available, they'll be keen to fill the programmes. Even better if you could speak to the delivery provider directly, ask your mates if they'e got a contact number. It's worth it imo.
yeah i do have a few friends going but i never got round to the application process. there was a wave (thats what they're called right?) that i was interested in but it got full up :<
-Quava-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Gym?
Maybe find a hobby to work on?
Work exp/ volunteering?
liaente
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cry because GCSEs aren't over for me yet.
SchmuckOff
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same
(Original post by liaente)
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by liaente)
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
Same
Nearly done guys-you've got this!
Pro Gamer 2003
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I already feel bored I’m just going to hang out with my friends
GetGradenines
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you are almost over the last hurdle, you got dis ting
Same
SchmuckOff
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GetGradenines)
you are almost over the last hurdle, you got dis ting
My g , the motivation coming in clutch
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
Nearly done guys-you've got this!
The dreams about this summer are just :eek3:
GetGradenines
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Got get that last exam, and chill in summer, but remember you have another 2 years of school
My g , the motivation coming in clutch

The dreams about this summer are just :eek3:
drystar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It might be too late to apply for NCS, but maybe you can find a company you're interested in and apply for work experience there? It may not be the most entertaining of things, but it'll be a great thing to put on your CV. Or you could get a proper job over summer if you wanna earn some extra cash! If you're worried that you're just going to be at home all summer, maybe try out some new hobbies! Teach yourself a new skill - you might love it, and who knows, it might help you in later life somehow too Enjoy your summer, and remember to relax too!
scorpiorules
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get a job, go to Festivals, start reading A Level course books - the jump to A level is much bigger thsn anyone expects.
Deliciate
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
cri becus a levels r gonna ruin ur life
Jackudy3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Only do NCS if you want something to fill your time, and definitely NOT just for the certificate at the end as I did.

It's absolutely worthless, it got a passing mention on my personal statement and I was asked about it precisely 0 times for the (imo horrible) 4 weeks I forced myself through. Week one and two are alright, but week three and four could easily be merged into one and are an absolute pain if you have a crap group like I did.

Looking back I should have just stayed home and spent those four weeks doing something I enjoyed before A-levels took over my life.
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get a job.
blossomblvd
Rep:
?
on it boss
(Original post by Deliciate)
cri becus a levels r gonna ruin ur life
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish