Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
https://imgur.com/a/MHqTSX0
not really understanding much of the question tbh. ive been trying to figure out if theres a shortcut using further maths knowledge with the dot product but i cant really think of anything, thanks
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
https://imgur.com/a/MHqTSX0
not really understanding much of the question tbh. ive been trying to figure out if theres a shortcut using further maths knowledge with the dot product but i cant really think of anything, thanks
You can just draw a diagram.

Start with some origin of your choice. now draw on the vectors m and n coming out of it, in whatever directions you want them to. Now draw on where the vector m-n is going.

Carry on from there, by joining the tips of the vectors for m and (m-n) , realising that this line is parallel to the vector n.
Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by RDKGames)
You can just draw a diagram.

Start with some origin of your choice. now draw on the vectors m and n coming out of it, in whatever directions you want them to. Now draw on where the vector m-n is going.

Carry on from there, by joining the tips of the vectors for m and (m-n) , realising that this line is parallel to the vector n.
im not seeing where its parallel

i got a triangle now, find out the other angle using (sin30)/6 = (sinx)/3, x = 14.47, 180-30-14.47 = 135.5 , does that sound correct?
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
im not seeing where its parallel

i got a triangle now, find out the other angle using (sin30)/6 = (sinx)/3, x = 14.47, 180-30-14.47 = 135.5 , does that sound correct?
Going from tip of m to tip of (m-n) is the same as starting on tip of m and going along the vector -n to reach tip of (m-n)... and this journey vector of -n is obviously parallel to n.

Your answer looks good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (282)
46.77%
No (69)
11.44%
I'm not old enough (252)
41.79%

Watched Threads