i want to change my resit info...

Watch
zeena845
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
can I change my A level Math spec, code, and candidate number when I resit Maths next year. I don't wanna resit the current papers as they're very tough and I'd rather do a similar one using the same board as I am now but as an international qualification where the new set of papers are somewhat similar to the old spec. or should i resit this spec and along side do the other one as there are good points for both.

in the international one, i get to do core and further maths w some units of either stats, mechanics or decisons, and they range from 1 2 and 3 and for me this is much easier, content and paper wise as the pure math papers that I'm doing now is exactly like the core but just mixed and seemingly harder just for the fact thats its all mixed. and so far each paper ive done this month for pure at has went horribly even tho i scored As in my mocks and my uni courses require As and A*. sigh.

the spec I'm doing now has pure maths 1 and 2 which is basically the old spec combined into two books, so old C12 is pure 1 now and so its supposedly the AS paper which should be easier as we are doing math linear and spent the most time on this for two years. and it truly is the easiest paper as C12 chaps seem basic when youre in A2 and doing pure 2 which is the combo for C34. however, even the ones who scored A* in each mock found the "easy" paper hard in the actual exam and barely scraped fifty marks. our only hope this year round was scoring well in pure 1 and get at least average in the rest to maintain our predicted grades or score in pure 2 as well for our offers. I mean last years cohort, the first batch fort his spec, were further maths students and the A* boundary was a 229/300 and 184/300 or an A. then there's stats and mechanics. ugh, i hate thinking about this paper. its basically two years worth of content divided into two sections, stats and mechanics separately, on the same paper, for two hours. its unfair as with this you have to be good in all to be able to remotely solve the paper since everything is combined, all AS and A2 chaps.

thus i now stuck in this dilemma. I dont really know whether i should resit this with the other spec in june or just never bother using this grade and session when i apply for unis during my gap year, and instead i do with the other one.
also does anyone know what sessions are available for the spec w further math? is January still available for that and is it linear like this? can i sit them all in one session or should i divide some for jan and june.
many thanks.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Where are you? In England you can only do the Linear spec.
zeena845
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Compost)
Where are you? In England you can only do the Linear spec.
no i study in the UAE. im just wondering whether or not the new math spec offered by edexcel for further math units are to be sat in one session or can they be divided.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (41)
15.89%
I'm not sure (8)
3.1%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (93)
36.05%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.55%
I'm not a current university student (112)
43.41%

Watched Threads