Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if I should join a circuits class at the gym or get back into distance running (10k - 45 mins).

Or would it be easier to do much faster, higher intensity 1/2/3 miles on the treadmill?

Also, I know I need to cut my carb intake down but is it best to eat a load of carbs before my weight session and then just more protein and fat afterwards, then once that's digested, go for my run or w/e?

ReputationRep:
    Higher intensity is better. A class probably won't be conducive to this goal if you are held back by the typical 60 year old gym goer. Long slow distance won't either.

ReputationRep:
    I'd get out on your own and do it. I'll upload the extended levels 7, 11 and 15 of the bleep test. They're awesome for some HIIT. They're 8 mins long and you're meant to do them for as long as you can. I normally do 10 then have a rest then repeat. Level 15 is a bit of a joke right now though

ReputationRep:
    Alright thanks

Not done the bleep test since year 9

ReputationRep:
    It's a good one.... I'll do the upload tomorrow. You can get the ordinary MSFT online already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Venom)
    It's a good one.... I'll do the upload tomorrow. You can get the ordinary MSFT online already.
    you do the bleep test voluntarily!?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.