Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I dont know if Im in the right place to say this but anyway..
    I have been rejected from all the courses I applied for this year, therefore have decided to take a gap year.
    I plan to apply for dentistry next year, however, I need to know what kind of work placements gap year students who want to apply for dentistry do. Since I am not qaulified, work at dental surgery will be very limited. How are we supposed to obtain work experience from that field then?
    Anyone else been in this situation before?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vTRouBLedGal)
    Erm, I dont know if Im in the right place to say this but anyway..
    I have been rejected from all the courses I applied for this year, therefore have decided to take a gap year.
    I plan to apply for dentistry next year, however, I need to know what kind of work placements gap year students who want to apply for dentistry do. Since I am not qaulified, work at dental surgery will be very limited. How are we supposed to obtain work experience from that field then?
    Anyone else been in this situation before?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
    Think outside the box really, if you are very academic, it's quite likely that they will be wanting to match your equally good academic skills with interpersonal skills and your ability to work with people, from a range of backgrounds and a range of ages. Try volunteer work at care homes, or try volunteering for administration at your local dentists, or even anywhere that it stands out that you are interested in looking after people and working with people, which is really important because it shows you will be able to bond with your patients.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.