wizzyshaw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
In English language paper 2, I ran out of time and didn't write enough points for each question. I wrote 1 point for Q2, 2 points for Q3, and 2 points for Q4. I think the other questions were okay though. I'm usually a grade 7/6 for English language, and I need a grade 6 for sixth form. If I probably got a 6 for paper 1, would I get below a 6 overall? If I wrote at a grade 6 level, just less points, will I get much lower marks? Please help, I am really panicking as I need the grade 6.
ThunderBeard
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You’ve probably got it depending on how well you developed it
(Original post by wizzyshaw)
In English language paper 2, I ran out of time and didn't write enough points for each question. I wrote 1 point for Q2, 2 points for Q3, and 2 points for Q4. I think the other questions were okay though. I'm usually a grade 7/6 for English language, and I need a grade 6 for sixth form. If I probably got a 6 for paper 1, would I get below a 6 overall? If I wrote at a grade 6 level, just less points, will I get much lower marks? Please help, I am really panicking as I need the grade 6.
wizzyshaw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Thanks, I developed Q2, but not Q3, I'm not sure about Q4 though, I can't really remember. I'm sure it'll be okay, I'm probably just over reacting.
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hmm, I can't say for sure, but it does depend on how your answer looks. One feature that can differentiate a higher-level answer from a lower-level one is consistency, and with one point (and one could even argue the same with only two), the examiner has scant evidence to judge your answer in that respect. You may or may not be given the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, I'm sure the grade boundaries aren't going to be too high. If your Section B was strong enough, there's still a very good chance that you can attain the grade.
Last edited by Tolgarda; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (410)
67.43%
No (198)
32.57%

Watched Threads