How much revision should I do over summer?

Watch
treehome
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently in Year 12, and don't have a lot of weeks of school left. It'll be the summer holidays soon, and I really want to do well in my A-Levels, so I was wondering how much revision would I need to do over summer to get good grades (a few hours a day or something)? I do Government & Politics, Biology, and German, and am currently predicted AAA. My notes are all up-to-date but I would rather do a lot of revision over summer instead of cramming everything in before the exams in June. Thanks.
Bakayoko14
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
chill man don't revise
lottielsie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would say, try to relax as well, but if you want to do revision, try reading around the subject. Get some books on different aspects of your courses, as this will help with a further knowledge of the course. [e.g. German literature, Biology essays, an account of WW2 or anschluss etc.] In terms of specification revision, try creating essay plans, and writing practice essays based off of previous papers. You can then get these marked when you go back to school.
dazzo23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if your doing german then you have to study a book i assume? if this is true then i would recommend just reading that book for that subject, get familar with it so that you can start the year in a good position come september
spectral_theory
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think the summer holidays are a great opportunity to hit the road running when September rolls around. At the end of Year 11 (and at the end of Year 12), I bought some of the core textbooks used for my subjects (and borrowed some of the textbooks from my sixth form who were kind enough to lend them to me, in the case of maths/further maths/further maths additional), and spent most of the summer systematically learning all of the AS content, doing most of the textbook questions and starting on practice exams by the end of the summer. This gave me a lot of confidence heading into Year 12, when lessons essentially served as revision classes, which reinforced my knowledge, and freed up a lot of time during term-time for me to focus on my weaknesses a lot more, since I could get the homework assignments out of the way quite quickly having already learned the content. I'd highly recommend a similar strategy for any keen student. Similarly, heading into Year 13, I made sure I knew as much of the A2 content as possible, starting my preparation immediately after my last Year 12 exam. It'll pay off during term-time when you'll feel a lot less pressure to learn lots of content in a short amount of time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.88%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.76%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.82%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
23.53%

Watched Threads