Turn on thread page Beta

It's my graduation ball this month, and deadlines for table arrangements have to be in by tomorrow at 1pm. I'm going with someone who does my course, and her housemates.
    I only found out about the deadline randomly, so I sent her an email yesterday telling her about my preferences for the form etc. However, she doesn't check her email that much, so I thought I would also ring her to confirm she'd received it and knew about the deadline.
    I rang her about 3 times yesterday, and there was no answer I was starting to get a little worried because obviously I had no idea whether they knew about the impending deadline (they're all still at uni, whilst I'm at home) so I rang two of her housemates - one of which I think I had the wrong number for, and the other I left a message on her answer phone.
    Anyway, none of them got back to me - so her and the housemate again today (didn't leave a message), still no answer, so decided to send them all a message on Facebook telling them about the deadline and could they get back to me ASAP to tell me what was going on as I couldn't reach any of them.
    I decided to try the person who does my course one last time now - and lo and behold, she answers! She sounded a bit annoyed and said she had been out yesterday and not taken her phone with her, I explained that I had rung her several times and was she aware of the deadline, she said she was and that they were waiting for another house to sort themselves out - I then felt I had to apologise for trying to contact her/the others, she said it was alright but still sounded annoyed.
    Now I'm worried because I don't want to have ruined my relationship with her/housemates - I've known them for a couple of years, but still, now they might think I'm insane for sending them messages...I was just concerned because no-one bothered to get in touch with me as to whether they'd received them, and whether they even knew about the deadline!
    Was I wrong to send them messages? Will they now think I'm overly paranoid and don't trust them?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Of course you weren't wrong to send them messages. The arrangements have to be in by tomorrow at 1pm, you're right to be stressy if they're not replying to you, which is fairly rude. You'll probably find she wasn't annoyed with you, maybe she was just annoyed with the situation, i.e. having to wait for someone else to sort themselves out before she could answer you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say you're fine, give them a couple of days and it'll be forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    my god some people worry too much

ReputationRep:
    You're over-analysing things

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.