btec it and computing level 3 extended diploma expericences or help? Watch

adrfdsaewa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i need help asap shall i do it i want to do software engineering and any experiences will be helpful
AnonStudentABC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by adrfdsaewa)
i need help asap shall i do it i want to do software engineering and any experiences will be helpful
You'd be better off on A Level Computer Science. I picked this qualification and I absolutely hate it, the coursework is not practical and is mostly just essay writing, the marking criteria is awful and it can feel difficult to pass.

Then again part of the problem is the fact that I chose a bad college who lied about the course and what it consisted of, pretended it was a games dev course and had lazy teachers who couldn't be bothered to mark work until the very end of the course, making things quite stressful.

Unless you're in a college that'll listen to you and mark your work when needed, and you're committed to completing the course (which means giving up any social life you might have) then I wouldn't recommend it.
Ikeo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look at the individual units involved in the BTEC course, I did this and the course leader happened to be a software developer who owns his own company - he's also a lecturer at a nearby university

Because of this, be applied units that fit directly into the narrative required for software engineering, such as networking; procedural, event-driven and object-oriented programming; graphics and animation; information systems and computer systems

Other colleges with this same BTEC course may choose units that aren't as specific for the role such as troubleshooting and security systems, so be careful which you choose else go for A level - also depending on whether you handle exams or coursework better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (56)
56%
No (44)
44%

Watched Threads