The Student Room Group

How much as a percentage of A-Level Maths is Physics now?

How much as a percentage of A-Level Maths is Physics now? I don’t think I am going to get in to A-Level Maths in September because I got a 5-5 in Combined Science last August.
Reply 1
0%
Original post by mjhmichael18
How much as a percentage of A-Level Maths is Physics now? I don’t think I am going to get in to A-Level Maths in September because I got a 5-5 in Combined Science last August.
The only physics in A-Level maths is just mechanics - topics like kinematics, projectile motion, moments, forces in equilibrium etc.
For my exam board (OCR MEI), about half of Paper 1 is Mechanics and there is 3 papers in total.
Reply 3
If by physics you mean mechanics it depends on your course. I do OCR which has 3 final papers, half of one of the papers is mechanics so a sixth is mechanics I guess. I imagine other courses will be simillar
the main physics-y part of maths is mechanics but you never know when they can apply pure maths knowledge in a physics-y kinda question (looking at you ocr pure paper two)
Original post by TheProctor
The only physics in A-Level maths is just mechanics - topics like kinematics, projectile motion, moments, forces in equilibrium etc.
For my exam board (OCR MEI), about half of Paper 1 is Mechanics and there is 3 papers in total.

Physics is actually applied maths, and the mechanics in maths is only thought of as physics because some of it's done at GCSE :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest