How much as a percentage of A-Level Maths is Physics now?

Watch
mjhmichael18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How much as a percentage of A-Level Maths is Physics now? I don’t think I am going to get in to A-Level Maths in September because I got a 5-5 in Combined Science last August.
n dog
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
0%
(Original post by mjhmichael18)
How much as a percentage of A-Level Maths is Physics now? I don’t think I am going to get in to A-Level Maths in September because I got a 5-5 in Combined Science last August.
daily_stoic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The only physics in A-Level maths is just mechanics - topics like kinematics, projectile motion, moments, forces in equilibrium etc.
For my exam board (OCR MEI), about half of Paper 1 is Mechanics and there is 3 papers in total.
mullac
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If by physics you mean mechanics it depends on your course. I do OCR which has 3 final papers, half of one of the papers is mechanics so a sixth is mechanics I guess. I imagine other courses will be simillar
eylyalulu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the main physics-y part of maths is mechanics but you never know when they can apply pure maths knowledge in a physics-y kinda question (looking at you ocr pure paper two)
GreenCub
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheProctor)
The only physics in A-Level maths is just mechanics - topics like kinematics, projectile motion, moments, forces in equilibrium etc.
For my exam board (OCR MEI), about half of Paper 1 is Mechanics and there is 3 papers in total.
Physics is actually applied maths, and the mechanics in maths is only thought of as physics because some of it's done at GCSE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads