Bristol or bath uni? Watch

eylyalulu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
if yall had to choose between Bristol uni and bath uni for biomed which would you choose?

already got offers from both and put bath as my firm but im still a lil :/ about my choice cuz theyre both really good (plus a lot of my friends are going to brirstol and its closer) but i kinda liked (from the couple of times i went) baths atmosphere more?
mullac
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would say Bristol, but then again I leave there so i would be biased. Ultimately you are the only person who knows which one is best for you.
eylyalulu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i live there too lol which is why i wanna have an unbiased opinion :sigh: they're both really good i just don't wanna regret my choice :/
(Original post by mullac)
I would say Bristol, but then again I leave there so i would be biased. Ultimately you are the only person who knows which one is best for you.
powerpuff674
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tbh you have already made your choice so I think that you should try and remember what you like about bath rather than what you like about Bristol as its only going to make you feel worse. bath is still a great uni and personally I would want to escape the area that I'm from (also Bristol and bath are really close so it would be easy to see your friends)
UmamiPiñapple
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bath isn’t Russel group
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
supalape
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I love both unis, got offers from both of them and love both of them as towns so it was a really hard decision for me to choose between them! In the end I went with Bristol as I believe it's slightly more prestigious (as an RG member). I also preferred how Bristol is right in the centre and has lots going on around it whereas Bath is sort of a trek from the centre. There's also a lot more to do in Bristol
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Everyone will have a different opinion so only you can choose - I would personally pick Bath as I like small campus unis but some other people don't :dontknow:

Also, the Russell Group argument is not important - Bath is every bit as prestigious as Bristol and very highly regarded by employers. I wouldn't take advice about it from people who can't even spell Russell.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bristol has a Med School and a hospital right next to it, and has massive research in all aspects of Biomed etc.
And the city is a great deal more exciting than Bath.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
bristol would be better for the facilities. and also whether u want to live on a campus might help you choose, I definitely didnt want to live on a campus so I chose bristol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.6%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.07%
No I am happy with my course choice (407)
56.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (103)
14.41%

Watched Threads