The Student Room Group

agreeing with movie/tv show villains agendas and ideas

Right so me and my friend were having a conversation and I mentioned how I thought that thanos idea of halving living species was not the worst idea ever. She disagreed with me completely but like ?? With a few moral adjustments in a hypothetical situation where there is other thriving living beings outside earth which are having the same environmental or confrontational issues as earth, maybe something on the lines of a mass, unbiased genocide wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Obviously for economy’s and politics it would be shite. Taking half of the earths humans would result in a total mess, like seen in endgame. But perhaps doing it slowly, like 2% of everything every 5 or 10 years and then allowing economic and social adaption and restoration before repeating with slightly higher %.

Call me crazy but that wouldn’t be the worst idea ever, it would certainly take stress of housing in many countries and would make food and water shortages more bearable. But on the other hand the training to replace people gone would be a mess.

Anyway what I was wondering if anyone else agreed with any villains agendas or ideas on some sort of level?

Scroll to see replies

'Mass, unbiased genocide wouldn't be a bad idea'

Ah, good old TSR...
Would you be comfortable being amongst the half?
In all seriousness though, don't you feel that the moral conflict outweighs the 'benefits'.

How would you feel if the name of yourself, your parents, other family memeber and friends were in this death lottery?
Original post by birdnerd
In all seriousness though, don't you feel that the moral conflict outweighs the 'benefits'.

How would you feel if the name of yourself, your parents, other family memeber and friends were in this death lottery?

Well obviously thinking of it from a personal view I wouldn’t be happy but like I said in a hypothetical situation where the entire universe is on a downward spiral to destruction which would you prefer;

2% of the population of the galaxy (which taking into account the fact the MCU is literally INSANELY big and there are too many different species to name and therefore it would probably work out at around 100 or less people on earth) to disappear

Or the entire universe to rip itself into shreds
I fully agree with this ideology. The way I believe this should be carried out is through increased infertility which is already naturally occurring. As usual nature will try and sort things out
Original post by ThunderBeard
I fully agree with this ideology. The way I believe this should be carried out is through increased infertility which is already naturally occurring. As usual nature will try and sort things out

Wow I didn’t think of that, so similar to the Chinese one child ban but with literal natural causes?
Yeah, but it’s random and not enforced. However the development of IVF despite the low success threatens this
Original post by Satanicfaeries
Wow I didn’t think of that, so similar to the Chinese one child ban but with literal natural causes?
Original post by ThunderBeard
Yeah, but it’s random and not enforced. However the development of IVF despite the low success threatens this

Regardless of IVF, I personally believe some countries need to realistically consider a child limit as population in lower income countries increases so fast.
Lol you realise that when thanos snapped his fingers half of all life went, including plants and animals so food resources would be halved basically. Then there's the fact that population growth is exponential so you reduce by 2% then it will just increase again pretty quickly.
Reply 10
This is true even if 50% of the population was removed, such a massive oversight from Thanos means I cant agree with his method despite his good intentions :/
Original post by DragonsOfAsshai
Lol you realise that when thanos snapped his fingers half of all life went, including plants and animals so food resources would be halved basically. Then there's the fact that population growth is exponential so you reduce by 2% then it will just increase again pretty quickly.
Reply 11
its redundent anyway. do to know what a better way of solving all these issues would be once he effectively became a god? instead of halfing the amount of living things why not double the resources? it would solve all the problems he wanted to solve without the whole genocide thing. hes just not very bright and didnt think of that I guess.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by JadenPM
its redundent anyway. do to know what a better way of solving all these issues would be once he effectively became a god? instead of halfing the amount of living things why not double the resources? it would solve all the problems he wanted to solve without the whole genocide thing. hes just not very bright and didnt think of that I guess.

Yeah but think of housing issues and issues sorrounding urban growth and impacts on wildlife. Doubling resources wouldn’t have doubled the size of the planet and therefore would’ve just meant that urban growth and resultant destruction and extinction of many animal species would’ve come sooner. His ideas were based on mercy for all creatures not just developed species, even if they were wack.
Reply 13
another tsr tryhard
Original post by gjd800
another tsr tryhard

I know right Imagine someone actually wanting to have a conversation/debate about something :0 it must be a tryhard!
Reply 15
I know right Imagine someone actually wanting to have a conversation/debate about something :0 it must be a tryhard!

'woo genocide, yayyyy'

yawn
Right so me and my friend were having a conversation and I mentioned how I thought that thanos idea of halving living species was not the worst idea ever. She disagreed with me completely but like ?? With a few moral adjustments in a hypothetical situation where there is other thriving living beings outside earth which are having the same environmental or confrontational issues as earth, maybe something on the lines of a mass, unbiased genocide wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Obviously for economy’s and politics it would be shite. Taking half of the earths humans would result in a total mess, like seen in endgame. But perhaps doing it slowly, like 2% of everything every 5 or 10 years and then allowing economic and social adaption and restoration before repeating with slightly higher %.

Call me crazy but that wouldn’t be the worst idea ever, it would certainly take stress of housing in many countries and would make food and water shortages more bearable. But on the other hand the training to replace people gone would be a mess.

Anyway what I was wondering if anyone else agreed with any villains agendas or ideas on some sort of level?

What if you was in the 50% who died??
I agree with Thanos in the fact that the universe needs fixing.... But not Genocide.. Please see a doctor
Original post by gjd800
'woo genocide, yayyyy'

yawn

I think it's the principle of reducing the population, not the execution of the method. I mean many villains in pop culture have valid points. It doesn't mean we are condoning their methods.
Reply 18
Original post by Guru Jason
I think it's the principle of reducing the population, not the execution of the method. I mean many villains in pop culture have valid points. It doesn't mean we are condoning their methods.

yawn
Original post by gjd800
yawn

10/10 argument. Great talk.

Quick Reply

Latest