Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey....just wondering if anyone had any tips for the anthology questions....
    They're kinda different to the bullet-point answers from AS.
    We have to do Pulcinella, Four, A Day in the Life and Dont look back in anger...w000p.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, music exam 2moro!

I think we get Comparing structure, tonality and texture in the 3 main works.
    Don't look back in anger - Oasis
    Four - Miles Davis
    Honey Don't - Carl Perkins

then we have an essay question about Stravinsky's Pulcinella. Could be anything! Be prepared for questions about how the movements become more "neo-classical" as the piece progresses. Showing baroque elements in the Sinfonia and then nearly pure 20th in the 3rd movement! Also things like structure of the pieces, how he varies the tonality and stuff like that"

Check the edexcel website for the music specification and that'll give you the break down of the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaijaijellybean)
    Hey....just wondering if anyone had any tips for the anthology questions....
    They're kinda different to the bullet-point answers from AS.
    We have to do Pulcinella, Four, A Day in the Life and Dont look back in anger...w000p.
    Just looked it up.

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualCon...xt_to_spec.pdf

3 questions (can answer in bullet point form) about
    -Four
    -Don't Look Back In Anger
    -Honey Don't

(A day in the life isn't a special focus work! So you'd better go revise Honey Don't!).

THEN.
    2 Questions about Pulcinella. Must be in continuous prose.

ReputationRep:
    So we'll be asked a question on just those 3 songs for the special focus Q?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah....i found some past papers, my music teacher had them!
    I'm pretty confident with those now xD
    The listening seems hard....i hate question three, i can never do any of that stuff!!! How much percent is this paper of the overall grade? I hope its something miniscule. Like 0.1%.
    *sigh* i can feel the pressure....

ReputationRep:
    And yes, i had a day in the life in my head for some stupid reason....i meant to say honey dont. I'm sick of these songs now...they're really going to make me ill. If i have to listen to Perkins one more time...

ReputationRep:
    I wish I knew that this morning XD done smirth for every song haha :p: ohwell 120% confident ...maybe.

Ooh I hate listening too, The final question always gets me - darrn! I think the 2 papers are 40% of A level, and 20% of the overall grade.

Good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    40%? There goes my A.... *sobs*
    Oh well...last exam tomorrow xD

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear....we haven't done ANY past questions for the anthology paper...! Listening shouldn't be too bad, as long as Q3 is nice!

ReputationRep:
    Something in C major? Yeaah.

I'm feeling the pinch now. I'm in that "I reaaaly should be revising but i dont wanna so im not gonna" mood. Ahh welll....

ReputationRep:
    I've been feeling the same...I'm kind of desparate since I have chemistry tomorrow as well which I haven't revised for!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.