who goes further in life, a person with half an a level or a person with a full level Watch

idontkn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
... 3 btec qualification? Who is more likely to get a dead end/minimum wage job?
threeportdrift
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by idontkn)
... 3 btec qualification? Who is more likely to get a dead end/minimum wage job?
None of these will have any bearing on how far you go in life. They are important only in as much as they can shape the paths that are open to you between the ages of 18 and about 25. Thereafter, a whole range of factors, only some of which is based on the qualification-based experience gained from 18-25 come into play. More is based on wider personal attributes, effort, style, ambition, desires etc and this will design and define your future path.
idontkn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
None of these will have any bearing on how far you go in life. They are important only in as much as they can shape the paths that are open to you between the ages of 18 and about 25. Thereafter, a whole range of factors, only some of which is based on the qualification-based experience gained from 18-25 come into play. More is based on wider personal attributes, effort, style, ambition, desires etc and this will design and define your future path.
I thought people who get full level 3 qualifications go further or get decent jobs? Try saying that to 999tigger
Last edited by idontkn; 4 weeks ago
Avogadrocado
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
We all die the same
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you can get A*AA and end up in a min wage job. lots of barista's are graduates
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Avogadrocado)
We all die the same
Yet we still bother to try and live fulfilling lives.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
I thought people who get full level 3 qualifications go further or get decent jobs? Try saying that to 999tigger
I am not in disagreement with what threeport said. You will need to link me with the answer I gave which must be on another thread, but more or less sure I stand by than answer and you are failing to grasp what has been said or appreciate the answer I gave.
threeportdrift
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, but when are you measuring and what are you measuring? Sure, if you want to get a financial measure, then excluding the relative randomness of sports stars and mega-successful entrepreneurs, Oxbridge, followed by Russell group etc would appear to give the best path to money. Subject has some influence, if you don't wash out of IB, Economics, Law etc.

But life is more complex and individual than that. Happiness, fulfillment, enjoyment etc matter. That's why we have the 'mid-life crisis' when (generally) those that have pursued money at the cost of qualitative measures, frequently change track and do something where money isn't as important as quality of life.

And as has been said, 'in the end we are all dead'. No-one is remembered because they earned over £100k before the age of 25, or because they died a multi-millionaire. The impact people have and the memorial to their lives is really about their legacy as a person, that they were loved, kind, caring, clever, generous etc. That has nothing to do with Level 3 qualifications.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.46%
No I am happy with my course choice (455)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.86%

Watched Threads