Plymouth uni accommodation (URGENT!!!) OLD DAIRY OR RADNOR Watch

Sandraahailey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi I’m going to Plymouth in September to study biomedical science but I’m stuck between Radnor and Old dairy.
Old dairy is cheaper for me however Radnor is managed by the university. Also I live 6 hours away from Plymouth so I would love an accommodation that had a lot of first year students.
Mamamitwix
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi. Most students in halls are 1st years, people generally live in shared houses for the next years. My daughter just moved out if The Old Dairy. No one on her course lived there - she loved it! It was clean, well managed and safe. Fabulous location, easy to get to the uni and close to Jakes ( a famous fast food joint, a must for finishing a night out) The Co-Op is next door and useful. She didn’t have any complaints. As a parent - I was pleased that the Police Station is just opposite. We paid a bit more, to get a higher room, with a sea view. She has made some great friends for life. We live in the Midlands, she came home regularly and the train station is handy. She said she would recommend The Okd Dairy. Hope that helps x

(Original post by Sandraahailey)Hi I’m going to Plymouth in September to study biomedical science but I’m stuck between Radnor and Old dairy.
Old dairy is cheaper for me however Radnor is managed by the university. Also I live 6 hours away from Plymouth so I would love an accommodation that had a lot of first year students.
University of Plymouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sandraahailey)
Hi I’m going to Plymouth in September to study biomedical science but I’m stuck between Radnor and Old dairy.
Hi Sandraahailey ,

While I would naturally lean towards a University Hall of Residence if I lived far away, I'm not 100% sure that there's a huge amount of difference in the amount of first-year students you'll meet I just contacted The Old Dairy on your behalf and they said "we have mostly 1st year students staying with us, however do have a few 2nd year + flats. We will try to allocate on your preferences. However, we do have very limited spaces left :-)"

I hope this helps!

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Room
The Student Housing Company
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Sandraahailey

Have you considered Beckley Point? We are just across the road from the Uni, we have 505 rooms which are predominantly 1st year students, 8 common rooms and 24hr staffing. https://thestudenthousingcompany.com...medium=organic

We can arrange Skype viewings as well with our admin Emily if required, just contact us at [email protected] mpany.com or 01752 531090

Team Beckley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%