Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So today, me and the fella decided to put on a few mods that id been waiting so patiently for him to do!!

followed by a quick clean which he also did!! (with a little bit of help from me :P )

before picture...

we started off with the wheels. before he put them on the car, he went over them with meguiars metal polysh, and two coats of poorboys wheel sealnt (which i buffed off). then we put meguiars tyre gel on...

then we went about putting the new wheels on...

first things first we did an engine bay detail...
    before ...

after...

prducts used...(chemical guys degreaser, 303 aerospace protectant, brush from halfords)

after that a good wash was in order...

products used again...(super snow foam, car lack 68 shampoo, meguiars microfibre wash mitt, and waffle weave drying towel)

we forgot to put the new petrol cap at the same time as the wheels :oops: , and then Jay cut his thumb doing it :cry: ...
    before...

after...

then time for a wax...(chemical guys XXX hard wax, a dodo juice lime prime lite pre wax cleaner)

all the products we used were Jay's because he's so kind
    before..

after...

pictures Jay took....

the black focus is his

So what dya think??!

very tidy

ReputationRep:
    interior?

v. tidy however

ReputationRep:
    One thing, dont put your sponges and towels on the floor, you'll get bits of stone in them which can damage your paintwork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKarinx)

So what dya think??!
    You've got a very good camera

ReputationRep:
    Looking good :cool:. Can you come and clean mine next :p:

ReputationRep:
    very nice. lovin those wheels, suit it a treat have my reservations for the ripseep petrol cap though :P

ReputationRep:
    Cool

I can't stand the petrol cap either, everything else is nice though

ReputationRep:
    Looks great and good choice of detailing products too

But, towels on the floor!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Nice. I like the GTI alloys, not a fan of the petrol cap though. Next thing to do could be perhaps be to colour code the bumpstrips and plastic on the bumpers? Subtle, however very effective.

ReputationRep:
    thats all nice and all, but next time, try and blur out the licence plate.. God knows whose lookin at these pictures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    thats all nice and all, but next time, try and blur out the licence plate.. God knows whose lookin at these pictures
    Probably the same people that can stand next to any public highway and look at as many number plates as they want :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prodriven)
    Probably the same people that can stand next to any public highway and look at as many number plates as they want :rolleyes:
    aka Suicidal people?
    im sure someone is more likely to remember a picture of a licence plate than hundreds randomly zooming past.

ReputationRep:
    Peugeot 206, one of the most common cars about. It wouldn't be at all difficult to go find one on the street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prodriven)
    LMAO so true...

When i first read the topic i thought here goes someone about to ruin their car with a nasty kit..

Great choice of wheels..petrol cap not really my thing but it could be worse..

Now bring them archs abit closer to the tyres and it will be perfect..GTI bumpers wouldnt look too bad either

ReputationRep:
    aka Suicidal people?
    im sure someone is more likely to remember a picture of a licence plate than hundreds randomly zooming past.
    What use would it be? And unless you are really really sad i doubt anyone is going to memorising the number plate from them pictures? Also if it came down to it what difference would it be not to just find a car anywhere? Its not like they are rare to come by:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    aka Suicidal people?
    Ok, Probably the same people that can walk around any car park or residencial street and look at as many number plates as they want :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Looking good *thumbs up*

ReputationRep:
    all the pictures look the same :p:

Awwwww, lovely car - I really want a Pug, but no ££££

Good Job though, wheels look much better.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.