Turn on thread page Beta

What colour should I dye my hair? watch

• View Poll Results: Blonde or Brunette? (Pic in profile)
    Blonde
    46.15%
    Brunette
    53.85%

ReputationRep:
    There's a pic in my profile.

I wanna die it brunette or blonde...what do you think would suit me? I've had it cut now and it's a couple of inches past my shoulders. It's all layered. I've always been blonde (naturally), but over the past few years my hairs gone darker, and now it's not blonde or brunette!! I really like dark brunette hair, but not sure if it would suit me?

Hmm so which colour do you lot think?

ReputationRep:
    I think it really depends on the shade. "Brunette" could apply to several colours!

I'd go darker though personally.

ReputationRep:
    why dont u have higlights put in and gradually go darker?

ReputationRep:
    Blonde if you want to look like a dumb blonde, brown if you want to look sexy and intelligent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vixky!)
    I think it really depends on the shade. "Brunette" could apply to several colours!

I'd go darker though personally.
    I don't know what it's called lol, just dark brown! Like rich and dark if you know what I mean, but then I don't think it would suit me if it was really dark?

ReputationRep:
    My hair's the same colour as yours, well from what i can see anyway lol
    I've tried brunette before and the roots show up really horribly whereas if you get blonde highlights your roots won't be so bad coz it kind is blondish anyway and reflects the light i think
    that's from my experience anyway.
    Blonde deffos in my opinion!

ReputationRep:
    i think a rich dark colour would look nice on you as you have tanned skin which would look nice with darker hair, i think tanned looks better than really pale and dark.

blonde would give you more of a sunny look if you get what i mean, but personally i think brunette would look smarter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .k.m.)
    I've tried brunette before and the roots show up really horribly whereas if you get blonde highlights your roots won't be so bad coz it kind is blondish anyway and reflects the light i think
    this is a good point actually, its horrible when people get blonde roots on dark hair as it looks kinda grey.
    you could go for a honey kinda blonde with darker blonde hightlights and caramels, something that doesnt look too fake but will look better when it grows out a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Neither of the options, I reckon you could get away with it and it's my absolute favourite colour and cut (i.e. bob)

ReputationRep:
    My friend has the same skin tone as you and she dyed it silvery/icy blonde...looks pretty amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Your hair is alread blonde?

ReputationRep:
    Don't get a bob! You could get away with either, but as a matter of personal preference I'd say go darker

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the suggestions people! Seems like brunette is the fave, but:

(Original post by .k.m)
    (Original post by alexa123)
    this is a good point actually, its horrible when people get blonde roots on dark hair as it looks kinda grey.
    you could go for a honey kinda blonde with darker blonde hightlights and caramels, something that doesnt look too fake but will look better when it grows out a bit.
    Very good point, I would have to dye it quite a lot if I did it darker. Yeah that sounds like a really good suggestion alexa, I did get a dye like that ages ago, but cos it was a do it yourself one, with highlights n stuff, I didn't end up using it incase I messed it up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nehustan)
    Neither of the options, I reckon you could get away with it and it's my absolute favourite colour and cut (i.e. bob)

That's well nice but I don't think the colour would suit me, and I'd no way be brave enough to get it done!! I was gonna get a bob a few months ago, but blonde, but I chickend out and just got it trimmed instead lol.

ReputationRep:
    hair is so exspensive to maintain if done professionally if you have a lot of colours in it, as roots need touching up so much = a pain!! the good thing about highlights is they look better when they grow out compared to block dye. my sister had a home kit done that had highlights and it was fine, i supose it depends on the make.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.