The Student Room Group

Pride Month 2019: Pros and cons of same sex/queer relationships?

Hey all! It's Pride Month! :pride:

This thread is to chat about your experiences of same sex/queer relationships and what are the pros/cons :tongue:

I understand some of these can be pros/cons in opposite sex couples and of course we need to think about and include transgender/non binary people too. I know that some of the below is a bit stereotypical of male/females but it's just based on previously dating guys to now dating a woman.

From my experience of my current 4 year relationship with another woman (obviously each relationship is different!)...

Pros:

We're able to share most of each other's wardrobe. We are about the same size (she's slimmer than me but I fit into most of her clothes) and not far off the same shoe size.

We can relate more to each other with things like periods and can share pads etc.

We are often more sensitive to feelings

I find being with a woman is often a more mature relationship (at our age of early to mid 20s). I feel like we're both more ready to settle down.

We can often relate more/get on more with each others friends

We have more common interests e.g. we both like watching rom-coms.

We can both appreciate other good looking women :ninja:

Cons:

Sometimes I go to find a piece of clothing to wear and it's already being used by my gf or in the wash :rolleyes: :tongue:

Periods can sync up which can mean we get more hormonal at the same time :lol:

Sadly due to homophobia around still (in 2019??), occasionally things like holding hands/kissing in public can feel a bit uncomfortable. Luckily we don't let it stop us!

So what would you add or change about the above? Share your experiences below!

Please note: any homophobic posts of any kind will be removed and carded!
:pride::gthumb:
A pro for me I guess is that I find that there are some topics in which you can seriously relate on (like the other day, someone who I've started seeing suggested top gear and I was like "yes please")

However, I still don't like holding hands in public sometimes. Now whether it's because I'm black or it's with another dude, I am not sure.
???
Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing
Pros: Stronger emotional connection, I've never fancied a guy as much as I have a girl

Cons: It's so hard hitting on girls that I find attractive when I'm out clubbing with friends, because I have no idea if they're gay or not. (I'm bisexual)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending