The Student Room Group

N5 creative/personal essay

I need to write an essay for my portfolio that is creative or personal but I don't know what to do it on. any help is appreciated xx
Original post by Lilyeve1
I need to write an essay for my portfolio that is creative or personal but I don't know what to do it on. any help is appreciated xx

Is there a personal experience you could write about? For personal ones, people often do things that have happened that are negative, but there's no reason why it couldn't be a positive experience (and they can also be both)- the important part is that you are reflecting on the experience...For creative it could really be anything, and for either style, it can be totally made up, based on your own life, or based on someone else's life. I found it easier to write from somebody else's perspective about something that did actually happen, as then it means you already have a series of key events to start with, and the bit you need to decide is how your character experiences those events.
I know that's quite a vague answer, but with the creative/personal piece it is so open in terms of what you could write about that it's difficult to be specific!

I'd also suggest giving some of the pieces in this SQA publication a read...Obviously don't copy them, but you could take the concept and apply it to a new character or situation, and it also shows lots of different styles of creative/personal writing that people have done and got high marks for.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
@Labrador99
that really helps

Quick Reply