Poll: Which AQA A Level Psychology exam did you find the hardest?
Paper 1 (1)
5.56%
Paper 2 (8)
44.44%
Paper 3 (9)
50%
Ccyxxx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Which Psychology exam did you find the hardest/worst? Trying to get an idea of the grade boundaries
Shehabis1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Paper 3 solely because there was 3 16 markers and quite a few 8 markers so I didn't have enough time
LunarExlipse
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’m thinking paper 3 as well can someone predict the grade boundaries .
Higher or lower than last year ?
s7lt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Paper 2, i loved the higher mark questions but I’m worried that I made a couple errors in the shorter questions and that it will add up and make a big difference paper 1 was a blessing and paper 3 was pretty good too
Jango137
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Honestly thought Paper 1 was the weakest for me. Sure, the multi-store model was great, but the 8 marker on social influence was weird, the entire attachment section was ugly, and the neural explanations of OCD was very unexpected. Paper 2 had a relatively nice biopsy section with that essay, and the design a study question was welcome. With Paper 3, there were no really unexpected surprises, and some of the questions that showed up were almost identical to the ones my school sat as a mock in January, so like a good quarter of this exam was a repeat of what occurred there.

AQA appear to have a habit of doing 6 spread across all the papers, so seeing 3 of them on Paper 3 wasn't surprising. I think they were all pretty solid aside from the Attachment one, easily the weakest essay I've ever done. Multi-Store Model was great, lateralisation fascinates me so remembering that took no effort, nature-nurture was in one of the mocks I sat so it was pretty much a repeat of that, predicted the relationships essay and got down all my points there, and while I didn't fully develop the schizophrenia one, I had a better idea than the attachment one about what I was talking about. So yeah, overall, think it went quite well. Can't wait to get to studying this subject without having to worry about balance with the others!
Ccyxxx
Rep:
?
me too! where will you be studying?
(Original post by Jango137)
Honestly thought Paper 1 was the weakest for me. Sure, the multi-store model was great, but the 8 marker on social influence was weird, the entire attachment section was ugly, and the neural explanations of OCD was very unexpected. Paper 2 had a relatively nice biopsy section with that essay, and the design a study question was welcome. With Paper 3, there were no really unexpected surprises, and some of the questions that showed up were almost identical to the ones my school sat as a mock in January, so like a good quarter of this exam was a repeat of what occurred there.

AQA appear to have a habit of doing 6 spread across all the papers, so seeing 3 of them on Paper 3 wasn't surprising. I think they were all pretty solid aside from the Attachment one, easily the weakest essay I've ever done. Multi-Store Model was great, lateralisation fascinates me so remembering that took no effort, nature-nurture was in one of the mocks I sat so it was pretty much a repeat of that, predicted the relationships essay and got down all my points there, and while I didn't fully develop the schizophrenia one, I had a better idea than the attachment one about what I was talking about. So yeah, overall, think it went quite well. Can't wait to get to studying this subject without having to worry about balance with the others!
Jango137
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Ccyxxx)
me too! where will you be studying?
Hopefully Bath if I can pull off three A's! How bout you?
Ccyxxx
Rep:
?
Lincoln if i can get ABB which is highly unlikely lol
(Original post by Jango137)
Hopefully Bath if I can pull off three A's! How bout you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (279)
15.35%
Uncertainty around my education (284)
15.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (180)
9.91%
Isolating with family (128)
7.04%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (83)
4.57%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (152)
8.37%
Loneliness (179)
9.85%
Financial worries (75)
4.13%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (167)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (131)
7.21%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.75%

Watched Threads