The Student Room Group

Any places that hire you just before you turn 16?

ive just left school, done my gcses etc and im looking for work. i havent turned 16 yet (one month to go) but are there any places that would consider me?
I’m just commenting to join the thread- I’m in the same situation
Same
Original post by Student040803
I’m just commenting to join the thread- I’m in the same situation
Original post by aaslam12
ive just left school, done my gcses etc and im looking for work. i havent turned 16 yet (one month to go) but are there any places that would consider me?

If you have your NI number then yes places will
Reply 4
But they ask whether I’m 16 on the websites so i don’t get a chance to explain
Original post by DrawTheLine
If you have your NI number then yes places will

While 99% of places require you to be 16, it would be worth applying now as once you have applied, had an interview etc etc you will be 16. If any of the online things ask if you are 16 just say yes.
But they ask whether I’m 16 on the websites so i don’t get a chance to explain

Say yes - because you will be by the time you start work. A place that uses online application forms is highly unlikely to process a new employee within one month.
Reply 7
Oh right ok Thankyou for the help x
Original post by Emma:-)
While 99% of places require you to be 16, it would be worth applying now as once you have applied, had an interview etc etc you will be 16. If any of the online things ask if you are 16 just say yes.
Reply 8
I didn’t realise that, thankyou for the help
Original post by threeportdrift
Say yes - because you will be by the time you start work. A place that uses online application forms is highly unlikely to process a new employee within one month.
Oh right ok Thankyou for the help x

Its worth starting applying now, rather than leaving it.
Reply 10
One more question they ask for a cv but what should I put on my cv? I’ve done no work previously
Original post by Emma:-)
Its worth starting applying now, rather than leaving it.
One more question they ask for a cv but what should I put on my cv? I’ve done no work previously

Volunteering, school stuff, extra-curricular, skills, achievments etc.
Look online, there are many templates and examples. You probably can make one which would be about a page long

Put your grades (or predicted grades in your case seeing as you wont have your actual ones yet), any volunteering, extra curricular stuff etc you have done.
Also put your details- i.e. name, address, contact numbers, email address on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending