Should education concentrate more on behaviour? Watch

anomalyronn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Now, I agree to an extent that behaviour is dealt with and a severe punishment such as an exclusion could result in major consequences. However as I have personally experienced, (not being an extremely well behaved student but doing work when it's to be done) schools do not deal with behaviour as significantly as they should.
mazenod
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on the school i’d say
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
da_nolo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
School should focus on reading, communication and anger management as primary. math and logic is second. science music and sports can be blended together. that's just cool.
biggest issue is understanding ones own emotions and how that feeds into how we act. this can prevent good communication.
Last edited by da_nolo; 4 weeks ago
Muppetress
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
At the very baseline, good manners, respect, integrity, etc. are all things a school should cultivate in budding citizens. How they do it shouldn't be prescribed by an authoritative body, as long as there isn't evidence they are failing their students. Of course, if you want to be in an environment with a certain set of values then there are private schools for that.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads