The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Emerald
He's playing Hamlet in the West End from like Oct I think. Tickets aren't on sale just yet.

Hamlet AND David? As one? :love:
misswilliams
Hamlet AND David? As one? :love:

Yup, he's playing the lead!

More info on his official website www.david-tennant.com/ :p:
Flugtag
I Really Liked Donna

Me too. I don't know why so many people hated her. She was better than Rose in any case.
JessicaW
Me too. I don't know why so many people hated her. She was better than Rose in any case.

I liked Donna. But i prefered Rose.
Reply 2704
Miss.Naughty
I liked Donna. But i prefered Rose.

How can you prefer Rose? She was just so chavvy!

I didn't think Catherine Tate would make a good assistant at the start but she amazed me from the start and by the end I loved her. It goes donna> martha> rose imo.
Did anyone else notice the cameo about Gwen Cooper??? The actress who plays Gwen Cooper (Eve Myles) played the character "Gwyneth" in Doctor Who episode The Unquiet Dead, thats what the Doctor was talking about on the Tardis :smile:
Emerald
How can you prefer Rose? She was just so chavvy!

I didn't think Catherine Tate would make a good assistant at the start but she amazed me from the start and by the end I loved her. It goes donna> martha> rose imo.

I just liked her character! When i first starting watching the new series' with Billie Piper in, i was determined not to like her or her character. But i did!

____

Just given this some thought. Probably way too much thought.

But weren't Mickey and Rose supposed to be dating? Rose doesn't even mention him. And he goes to live in the real world, and she goes off in the parallel world. Just seems a bit weird.

Also why could Mickey live in real world but not Rose, was it because she helped the doctor actually save the world?
For anyone who's interested, BBC3 are replaying the series from Monday 14th :smile:
Reply 2708
I love Donna too :frown: So sad to see her go :frown:((!
Dont like the doctor for that, but it had to be done i guess :/
Eden01
I love Donna too :frown: So sad to see her go :frown:((!
Dont like the doctor for that, but it had to be done i guess :/

Yeah it was sad. He said he had to do it cos it was killing her or something didn't he?
But she will never know what she had done. Sad in that aspect. And sad because he will probablt never see her again.

And i doubt he will ever see Rose again. Yes, i know the other doctor will. But it's not the same is it!
Reply 2710
Miss.Naughty
Yeah i want to see it too. And i mean Tennant = hottness. So it would be blimmin' great. Think it's sod out of tickets (can't imagine why! :p:) acoording to website? Think you have to ring up boxoffice to see if there are any drop out tickets.

;no; Tickets aren't on sale yet for the West End production. They become available to the public from the 12th Sept and if you're a member of the RSC then you get it like 2 weeks before that or something. I just became a member :proud:

Yes, I do love Tennant and Hamet so much that I became a member of the RSC just so I could get the tickets earlier :redface:
Emerald
;no; Tickets aren't on sale yet for the West End production. They become available to the public from the 12th Sept and if you're a member of the RSC then you get it like 2 weeks before that or something. I just became a member :proud:

Yes, I do love Tennant and Hamet so much that I became a member of the RSC just so I could get the tickets earlier :redface:

Ooh thanks for that info! i'm going to rep you for that! I thought i had missed it. Right...going to make membership.

I really want to see it!
Reply 2712
Miss.Naughty
Ooh thanks for that info! i'm going to rep you for that! I thought i had missed it. Right...going to make membership.

I really want to see it!

No problem :smile:

I went for the cheaper option of £15 as I figure two weeks before the public should be ok. *fingers crossed*
Reply 2713
Emerald
Question: Anyone know the significance of Davros calling the Doctor 'Destroyer of the Worlds'? I'm sure I've heard that ebfore but for the life of me I can't work out where..

i'm pretty sure but not certain that the Emporer Dalek called him that, as well as 'the Great Exterminater' all the way back in 'the Parting of the Ways' at the end of series one

i did like the last episode but there were parts of it that annoyed me, as there had been in both finale's before that, so glad Steven Moffat is taking over from Russel T Davies, looking forward the to the christmas special though

Spoiler

Emerald
No problem :smile:

I went for the cheaper option of £15 as I figure two weeks before the public should be ok. *fingers crossed*

Yeah thats what i'm opting to go for. :biggrin:

__

When the episode started and Tennant didn't regenerate (i knew he wasn't going to anyway as do most of you!) but it was over in seconds, and i was like OMG, they made us wait a whole week for that! Why couldn't they have shown us then?!

Haha.
Amm0
:redface:, I think Donna is a time lord :biggrin:.

Other than that....is there a new Dr Who next series? :frown:. David Tennant ftw!

I'll quote myself from 6 days ago.

A semi-true prediction! :biggrin:.

Loved the last episode, although it all went right too quickly.
Perhaps things don't make sense to me because I hadn't seen previous episodes before but...

Is Rose meant to be dead or something, why is she stuck on a parrellel universe?

Also the one making predictions about time. Did he just betray his own kind?
Reply 2718
I'm not sure if I should put a spoiler warning, but I'll put a warning just in case- spoilers from finale below!

What did people think about the Doctor and Rose scene? I thought it was brilliant they got together- I've been a shipper for the Doctor and Rose right from the start :biggrin: but somehow, it didn't feel completely right because... the Doctor is still left alone. I have mixed feelings about this, because I kinda feel like he deserved to be with Rose and he had to let her go once more... but then again, the fact that the Doctor is ultimately on his own and the Last Timelord etc is a large part of what makes the show what it is... and I guess it wouldn't have worked with Rose getting together with a true Timelord, I don't know. I thought the last scene about being on his own was very poignant, and though I was very sad about him being left on his own, but like I said about him being the Last Timelord and stuff, it kinda made sense.
Reply 2719
So what was bringing the doctor to Donna (and vice versa) all this time again?

Latest