The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4380
I was looking forward to the Time Lords return, but Russell T. Davis had to ruin that too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I found it dragged and was filled with pointless scenes. Overall...disappointed. Although the scene with Alfred locked in the radiation tank was goooooood.
who was the woman at the book signing? can't quite remember who that is....
Reply 4382
I loved all the star wars spoof/rip off bits.

Spoiler

Most of it was just dragging it out imo but the gun scene with wilf and dr nearly made me cry and I haven't cried at a show/movie for a long time!

Spoiler

Reply 4384
Not a massive fan of Matt Smith so far, we'll have to wait and see...
Reply 4385
Was good but not up to normal Dr Who finales. It was all too easy by the end; I think they should've had him shooting the master rather than the electronics box. That would have made for a better story, would’ve shown the doctors desperation seeing as he had to sacrifice the Master who btw I think he used all his life energy blasting the president.

Matt Smith annoyed me already, and he was only on for 30 seconds.
Very little was wiped out, which is another thing I'm quite happy about. Many of the characters are still there and I hear things like Torchwood are still continuing, so we could see the 11th Doctor interact with all these elements.

And Earth still knows about aliens.
Is the doctor an entirely new one or is it the same doctor but in a different body? :redface:
Cadge
I didn't like David Tennant's last words, "I don't want to go." Would've preferred a cheeky smile tbh, even if that is a bit cliche...

At which point my sister and I both dissolved into tears... oh dear.
Yeah, we were kind of left to assume the Master had sacrificed himself.
What annoyed me was it spent the last 10/15 minutes going on and on about how he had to say all these goodbyes and I didn't get the point seeing as he wasn't literally dying.

Plus, using the glove to turn everyone back to normal? Cop out much?
I just felt like the plot in this final was really all over the place, they could have just kept to the 45 minute time slot.

I know I'm moaning, but I usually love Doctor Who :frown:.

Spoiler

very good episode, but to mirror the comment above, what happened to the master and who was that woman, I think it may have been his mother.
Does anyone know what the glove the time lord was wearing? Also I don't think the Master will be returning somehow, his body was dying already, I want to know how he ended up with those electricity powers though.
Not a huge fan of Matt Smith (generally, not really seen him as The Doctor yet) and I'm hoping he doesn't carry out the 'wackiness' in the main series.

Time Lords could definitely have been done better, but then it is RTD, didn't expect it to be brilliant. The Master was good, as usual.
Reply 4394
River Song!!! Cant wait to see what thats all about
Matt Smith thus far:
"OMG I HAVE HANDS AND HAIR AND FEET AND I'M NOT GINGER :zomg:"

Not impressed :colonhash:

The episode...eh, I didn't like it. I thought the script was pretty awful and it all seemed a bit rushed and pointless. Such a star wars rip off in places too :rofl:

Who was the woman?? We were theorising the doctor's mother but that might be too obvious, I dunno :colondollar:
I liked Matt Smith. Remember that people disliked Tennant at first and now we're mourning his passing.

My only criticisms are that it felt incredibly Star Wars-y with Senator Timothy-Rassilon Palpatine-Dalton, the laser cannons gunning down missiles being analogical to Luke using the force to take out TIE fighters, and Jack Harkness sitting in the cantina. I half expected the little blue things to pop up and start playing the pan pipes.

Other than that I loved it, simply because I don't think I could have failed to. :colondollar:
Mint.
Reply 4398
liked it very much!!
and i will certainly give the new guy a chance.
Think of it like this Beijing olympics best EVER and now its Englands turn we will do it well but not that well.
Econight
Does anyone know what the glove the time lord was wearing? Also I don't think the Master will be returning somehow, his body was dying already, I want to know how he ended up with those electricity powers though.

If you have ever watched Torchwood, the Gauntlet has appeared in that before.

Latest

Trending

Trending