The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ape Gone Insane
Er what?

Care to elaborate.

Nothing significant seems to have stuck.

The Master is back in side the Time Lock.
The Time Lords are still gone.
The Daleks are still "All gone" (with EXTREME significance on the air quotes there since we know it's not true).

I just can't see any real changes that have stuck. Sure, they didn't reset the timeline or erase memories or anything, but we'll probably never hear from a lot of those companions and characters again so we're just left with "Oh, ok"
Reply 4401
I thought he looked very pointedly at Donna when Wilf asked who the woman was..
But I may just be overcomplicating things for myself.
I'm really gonna miss David Tennant too :frown:

I can't really comment on Matt Smith because you see him for less than a minute, still, I wish him the best.
Doctor Who's not gonna be the same without Tennant and I don't know if I can watch it anymore without him.
Over- reaction? You bet :cool:
Reply 4403
i liked the episode but the whole i have legs thing was too like tennant as the doctor matt smith needs to be different to tennant or he will just live in his shadow as the doctor, that said he was only on for about 30 secs so we'll have to wait and see what he's like properly in the new series
TheOneWho
If you have ever watched Torchwood, the Gauntlet has appeared in that before.

Thanks, never really got into Torchwood expect for a few of the last episodes. I think the Doctor should of wrote on the note to Jack "Reform Torchwood".
Reply 4405
sadie-kiki
:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: pissed off with the new fugly manwhore. :bawling: why did David tennant have to leave?

yeah, but someone had to leave for Tenant to get his place!
god i cried so much, they shouldnt have made him almost-die so much! and his last words and the look on his face... my heart broke!
i must admit i only really enjoyed david as the doctor, so not sure how the new guys gonna do. he's certainly not as hot as david though, which added to my enjoyment of doctor who lol.

bernard cribbins was brilliant in this episode though, i loved him! and john simm too.
Ape Gone Insane

Daleks, kissing, vampires, guns and something that looks like Assassins Creed time.

I'm interested. Except the kissing, when did it become about sex appeal :rolleyes:

And is Jenny confirmed to be back this series?
Reply 4408
OceanInTheSky
For goodness sake give the bloke a chance, he's only been on screen for about 30 seconds...

And you remember how so many people disliked Tennant in his first episode and thought he was going to be rubbish and now he's probably the most popular doctor ever.

But yeah, jump to conclusions without seeing even a full minute of the new doctor why don't you.

Same but I was still crying my eyes out :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

SAD SAD TIMES
Reply 4409
I really liked this episode. Loved it when Wilf knocked on the glass.
Hated the bit with Rose though.
MO-M-G
I thought he looked very pointedly at Donna when Wilf asked who the woman was..
But I may just be overcomplicating things for myself.

Okay, this is probably pointing out the obvious. But, that is Donna in the future. Hence, the music when she looked in the person eyes was the same music Donna hears in previous episodes.

She is half time lord.
Reply 4411
Kaph
Also annoyed me how he basically died to the audience like three times, and just got back up each one. Emotional trauma.

Yeah, they really dragged out his death. Not to mention his visitations to companions passed. It's not surprizing when you watch something like Merlin. The story was far to complex and the whole arc seems to be poorly written.

I wish the BBC would take risks again with it's drama.
Reply 4412
Is anybody else happy that we won't likely be subjected to "ooo alien, lets run fast - oh look those two male aliens are married, and I am fine with that. Oh and there is a black alien, I am as equally scared of that monster as I would be of a white monster" thing that the BBC/RTD have going on.

Don't get me wrong, I have loved the new Who, but it has been in spite of RTD more than thanks to him.

I hope some of the campness and the music being louder than the dialogue.

On a side note I loved Tennant and Cribbins together on screen, and Tennants portrayal at the end gave me shivers.
TheOneWho
If you have ever watched Torchwood, the Gauntlet has appeared in that before.

But the gauntlet in Torchwood only resurrected dead people didn't it?

In Doctor Who it did a lot more?

And I loved the episode personally, nice to see him go back and forth to everyone at the end - but sorta found the whole "omg I'm gonna die" a bit boring by the end because we all know he's going to reincarnate, albeit with a different body slightly different personality, but essentially the same.
I'm actually very surprised we didn't get Daleks in these four special (apart from a short cameo) consider RTD's fetish towards them.
Reply 4415
Simplicity
Okay, this is probably pointing out the obvious. But, that is Donna in the future. Hence, the music when she looked in the person eyes was the same music Donna hears in previous episodes.

She is half time lord.

How did you figure this out :confused: :confused: :confused: explain please?? I really want to know! :smile:
I loved it. The Doctor going back too see all of his friends was what really got me. But what is with Martha and Mickey getting married?! She was engaged to someone else :confused:

The Doctor in that radiation chamber thing reminded me of the ending of Wrath of Khan. I feel so geeky even making that connection :P
Oh, Joy. More Daleks.

New TARDIS looks pretty cool though, so thumbs up.
ZJ4GK
Not a massive fan of Matt Smith so far, we'll have to wait and see...

how can you tell?!
just have faith in the production team and watch the bbc.co.uk/doctorwho preview
As long as he doesn't try to be a carbon copy of the david then i'll give him a chance

but david owned it as the doctor

but maybe the new guy will bring something new to the role

Latest