The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sleekchic
*Did he? I don't remember that but I'll rewatch it later.
*No one seems to know what he told Amy. It could be "I hate apples", "Beans are evil". I'm joking but I don't know but I think we haven't seen that part yet, but I do know that:

Spoiler

*I'm confused. How could she learn from herself? I don't think she's teasing because he obviously didn't know how to land it properly and she actually thought him that. I don't know why but for some reason I think she either learns from Amy or Jack. Although I have no idea if Jack appears in this series.

Regarding your spoiler

And, it doesn't matter that the Doctor didn't know how to land it properly. He does now. So he can, in his future, and River's past, now teach River. I linked back to Time Crash to try and help clarify what I meant by this.

And the point about River teaching herself wasn't exactly serious, but, if she was to meet a future version of herself, her future self could tell her what she needed to know.
The Doctor not knowing how to fly the Tardis is one of the best things about him :awesome:
Lets think this through, the Doctor has had the TARDIS at least 750 years....so thats 750 years of flying it wrongly....not to be pedantic but i'm sure someone would've noticed by now and corrected him on it.

Back to River, she graffiti'd the Home Box in Ancient High Gallifreyan, something people have missed so far (unless i missed somewhere) which does imply her being a Time Lady. The Doctor has the "I'd just know" thing going on so we can probably discount her being the Rani, Inquisitor et al. With the language being all but extinct it must have taken a Time Lord to teach her, and as she isn't a time traveller the only logical route left to take is;

Spoiler

I did mention that she had written in High Gallifreyan in the Time of Angels thread. But she is an Archaeologist (she's a Doctor right now, but will become a professor in the future) so that could explain her being able to write in High Gallifreyan. She might only be able to write "Hello Sweetie" though XD
Reply 5164
Right, have got very very behind with Dr. Who recently...just dove straight into episode 5 of the new series and going to watch them in reverse order, although it looked very pretty can't say I was overly impressed with episode 5 (not an amy fan...and half the episode seemed to be her, hesitating)...but it looks like things could get very interesting in future, looking forward to episode 6 :biggrin:

edit: Ah now River I like
Why would you watch it backwards? Of course you're not going to like Amy if you don't go through the character development in the right order :|
Reply 5166

Spoiler

Reply 5167
Mist786

Spoiler

definitely not much of a spoiler when the link doesn't work :wink:

I am so excited about tomorrows episode. Vampires and Venice are two of my favourite things :pinch:
Reply 5168
Aula

I am so excited about tomorrows episode. Vampires and Venice are two of my favourite things :pinch:

The link was removed :erm:
Reply 5170
Aula
keeps coming up with Error 404: Not Found :dontknow:

It worked for me before.. isnt working now

Spoiler

Aula

Not vampires :no:
Reply 5172
Colonel Brusnahan
Not vampires :no:

you don't like vampires, or they are not vampires?

If the first, then make sure you have a sofa to hide behind, if the second, then I know, but clearly they are whatever the vampire story came about from :yep:
I think theyre just 17th/18th century tourists returning from the gift shop having just realised they spent 50 quid on a low quality t shirt. I know I'd be pretty ******.
Reply 5174
:sparta: sparta VENICE! :woohoo:
Did anyone watch the Garaham Norton chat show last week (with Karen Gillan on)? He apologised for the blooper which interrupted the episode where the 'animated version' of himself appeared which resulted in 5000 fans complaining :p:
samanthaaaa
Did anyone watch the Garaham Norton chat show last week (with Karen Gillan on)? He apologised for the blooper which interrupted the episode where the 'animated version' of himself appeared which resulted in 5000 fans complaining :p:

I did, lol! Funny when he got exterminated by the Dalek.
Tonight's episode looks awesome :moon:
secretmessages
Tonight's episode looks awesome :moon:

I really want to watch it tonight... but I'm tempted to keep it as a reward for the end of exams on Wednesday. Plus I should revise :frown: Grr, stupid exams.

Latest