The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Having just seen the whole upstairs but not really upstairs in today's episode, I think it's fair to say that there's more to Amy's house than meets the eye. I was going to say it hosts the Pandorica but I think that's located at Stonehenge, anyway the stairs at Amy's house must lead to something other than the attic, well not must.
Actually now that I've calmed down and thought about it, it seems like a red herring because half of the internet has been going crazy about there being more to Amy's house than meets the eye and now we have a storyline that does the whole more to the house thing/perception filter which makes it way too obvious that the same thing might also be true of Amy's house.

Oh and with that episode, I think it's Amy who teaches River to fly the TARDIS.

Although the ending was a bit ambiguous, does Amy remember the ring and did the opening of the ring cause the crack to widen some more?

EDIT From the next time clips, River Song mentioned the chelonians who are monsters/enemies from the books. I bet the fanboys who cream about what counts as canon creamed themselves when they heard that name. :awesome:
Please forgive me for being a little confused but, wasn't The Doctor a little casual about it being a time engine. Surely there's only limited races that can use time and surely one imploding is going to have consequences?
Ape Gone Insane
Ah, good point. :holmes:

It adds up too since Moffat said he would deal with the River Song story within the two (?) series or within 11th Doctor's era.

EDIT: Although I would have thought she would have hinted or warmed more to Amy than she did in the Weeping Angels story...

I don't think she remembers as they would have shown a flashback of Rory, I think its a sort of unconscious thing which also caused to crack to widen as if somehow subconsciously remembering somebody can somehow bring them back (?).

I think the whole reason she didn't warm to Amy is because she's already met Amy when the pandorica opens which is why she didn't respond to the Doctor introducing Amy to River although at the end she did say 'see you, Amy' so I'm guessing when they finally meet in 'The Pandorica Opens' Amy reacts warmly to River while River thinks she hasn't met Amy.

So the crack widens because of the inherent paradox of the ring's existence and Amy finding out?

I still think Moffat is going to have a huge job tying this up because there's the Pandorica, the cracks, Amy, the silence that falls, Rory etc and they all have to be wrapped up. Are they all linked or does one cause the other? I wish I had a time machine so I could just hop into the future and watch it now instead of having to wait. :colonhash:

Oh and someone posted this on GB, although there's a good chance you've already seen it.

"This isn't about the Doctor. This is not necessarily about the Aliens or the crack or anything else... it's all about one scared little girl - It's ambitious and daring and will leave many on [Gallifrey Base] questioning where the show can possibly go next after that."

I imagine that those who think Amy always takes centre stage aren't goign to like it, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also, Karen Gillan suggested 'time loop' was a clue for the finale and we saw some of it today so the finale is going to be interesting and a massive head **** at the same time.
Ape Gone Insane
Wow, time loop above.
Probably something to do with a time engine imploding nearby.
Even when Amy doesn't appear much, she takes on an extremely important role XD

Quite liked the episode :biggrin: Felt good from some bits - not emotional or teary or anything close, but a sense of goodness in my hearts. The cheesiness of "And they lived happily ever after" was used will in the love-conquers-all solution. Not the biggest fan of Corden, but he was a'ight.

Where's the magic link to the discussion thread?

Also, I think this was one of the most homo-erotic episodes yet - and that includes the ones with Captain Jack!
LastLordofTime
Even when Amy doesn't appear much, she takes on an extremely important role XD

Quite liked the episode :biggrin: Felt good from some bits - not emotional or teary or anything close, but a sense of goodness in my hearts. The cheesiness of "And they lived happily ever after" was used will in the love-conquers-all solution. Not the biggest fan of Corden, but he was a'ight.

Where's the magic link to the discussion thread?

Also, I think this was one of the most homo-erotic episodes yet - and that includes the ones with Captain Jack!

Really? It was hardly homo-erotic.

So RTD's gay agenda has been replaced by Moffat's gay agenda? :holmes:

EDIT Wimbledon is on in two weeks, just before the finale, I really hope it doesn't overrun. Come on Murray. :colonhash:
I wonder if the Pandorica is bigger in the inside than on the outside? :awesome:
sleekchic
Really? It was hardly homo-erotic.

So RTD's gay agenda has been replaced by Moffat's gay agenda? :holmes:

The Doctor was acting very ... gay in this episode XD

Plus naked Matt :teeth:

I hear there's a bondage machine chair similar to The Master's bondage machine chair in the finale :teeth:
Colonel Brusnahan
I wonder if the Pandorica is bigger in the inside than on the outside? :awesome:

It is :teeth:

Edit: Going to make some Blueberry muffins, ttfn :biggrin:
LastLordofTime
It is :teeth:

Ooo, and the worst thing in the universe is in there?

Sounds like a nightmare. :mmm:
Screencap of all the enemies' ships arriving.

I have a feeling this week is going to pass very slowly.
sleekchic
Screencap of all the enemies' ships arriving.

I have a feeling this week is going to pass very slowly.

I have a feeling we'll wait all week and that magical moment will be near the end of the episode ...

Edit: I recognise the Dalek, Judoon and Sontaran ships ...
LastLordofTime
I have a feeling we'll wait all week and that magical moment will be near the end of the episode ...

I don't care if it's at the beginning or near the end I just want to see it NOW. :mmm:
I know the feeling. I recognise three of the ships ... if Cybermen transport is usually via Cyberking then I can't see one, but if it's by something else then I wont recognise it ... It'll be interesting to see what all the different ships look like :biggrin:

Also, since Cybus-Cybermen are Earth-bound (to my knowledge except for their failed attempt at a Cyber King, they haven't got space-ship technology) they're either already in the ruins, or they will not be Cybus-types :biggrin: Even though the broken one seems to have a cybus logo ...
If it weren't for the fact that the Cybermen, Daleks and Sontarans (none of whom are capable of good, from what I know) were there, I'd think this was the full force of the Shadow Proclamation bearing down on The Pandorica :redface: But the inclusion of the True Evil of the Whoniverse means it's not probable.
Rumours suggest that there will be 3 full time companions in the next series or for the majority of the series. I think two of them are fairly obvious, although I would like the 3rd one to be River.
sleekchic
Rumours suggest that there will be 3 full time companions in the next series or for the majority of the series. I think two of them are fairly obvious, although I would like the 3rd one to be River.

I think I've heard River is most definite ... Possibly. Depends how this finale goes I suppose. Fan interest is definitely very high with her :biggrin: It's like having Donna back, but with better acting and a better overall character :awesome:

(although I really liked parts of series 4, and Tate did some good, chill-causing scenes)
LastLordofTime
I think I've heard River is most definite ... Possibly. Depends how this finale goes I suppose. Fan interest is definitely very high with her :biggrin: It's like having Donna back, but with better acting and a better overall character :awesome:

(although I really liked parts of series 4, and Tate did some good, chill-causing scenes)

I thought the definites were Amy and some companion from the past.

Actually I'm unsure about River. I mean, I definitely like her character and I think she's brilliant and it's perfectly feasible for her to want to travel with the doctor for a bit but would she work as a full time companion or would it 'ruin' her character? I would love to see her relationship with the doctor develop but she also seems to be the sort of character that is better as a one-off especially with the whole meeting in the wrong timeline thing and the issue of 'Spoilers' so who knows.
I'm pretty sure she's actually travelled with The Doctor at some point, and if The Moff would like her to get her story out in the time Eleven has, then perhaps she needs to come along. But I don't want to see anyone apart from The Moff writing for her though XD She is purely his character, unlike The Doctor and every companion who belong to everyone and no one. I'm sort of in two minds over her being a companion :frown: I really want to see more of her (a lot more) but I don't want anyone but The Moff writing for her. Perhaps she can join them at the end of this series for the Christmas Special (which will most likely be written by The Moff) and carry on in to the next series where she can stay for a bit, pop off and then come back.

I feel like deleting what I've written and just condensing it in to one line XD

Latest