The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LastLordofTime
I'm pretty sure she's actually travelled with The Doctor at some point, and if The Moff would like her to get her story out in the time Eleven has, then perhaps she needs to come along. But I don't want to see anyone apart from The Moff writing for her though XD She is purely his character, unlike The Doctor and every companion who belong to everyone and no one. I'm sort of in two minds over her being a companion :frown: I really want to see more of her (a lot more) but I don't want anyone but The Moff writing for her. Perhaps she can join them at the end of this series for the Christmas Special (which will most likely be written by The Moff) and carry on in to the next series where she can stay for a bit, pop off and then come back.

I feel like deleting what I've written and just condensing it in to one line XD

Well Eleven Matt Smith's contract is for 3 years although it could probably be extended to 5 so Moffat has more than enough time to utilise River Song besides, even if Moffat leaves, he might still go on writing for the show.

Did Moffa already know he would be taking over from RTD when he created River or did he just create her without knowing because he seems to have planned out the whole show, including all the references she makes to the future.
I'd imagine he's known for a fair while that he was going to take over, or at the very least RTD was leaving. He could have planned River's story fully even without knowing that he would take over, but I think he probably knew. There's probably an interview around somewhere which says whether he knew at the time or not.

My message before is probably not clear on what I meant, but I'm getting kinda tired so am going to disappear now :smile: See you all in the morning.
LastLordofTime
I'd imagine he's known for a fair while that he was going to take over, or at the very least RTD was leaving. He could have planned River's story fully even without knowing that he would take over, but I think he probably knew. There's probably an interview around somewhere which says whether he knew at the time or not.

I seem to remember on a Confidential him saying that he didn't know that he would be becoming lead writer, but he wanted to create a kind of anti-doctor character who knows all about the Doctor (like the Doctor usually does about everyone else.) As soon as he found he was to be head writer he knew he was going to bring her back and tell some more of her story.

New theory to put into the pot of potentials....2 parts of space and time that should never have touched could be TARDIS and "Evil TARDIS" however it'll need some explaining because in the old series (80s?) the Master was able to land his TARDIS in the same place as the Doctor's and completely envelope it without wanton destruction.
DoktaUH
New theory to put into the pot of potentials....2 parts of space and time that should never have touched could be TARDIS and "Evil TARDIS" however it'll need some explaining because in the old series (80s?) the Master was able to land his TARDIS in the same place as the Doctor's and completely envelope it without wanton destruction.
Logopolis wasn't it? But it wasn't exactly matter and anti-matter, I don't think it'll be that simple.
Wouldn't it be funny if the most feared creature that came out of the Pandorica was simply: man. :awesome:

I wonder if all the ships converge and do work together to stop the most feared being from escaping?
Matter, Anti-matter? Well, Omega is trapped in an Anti Matter universe :ninja:
SirMasterKey
Wouldn't it be funny if the most feared creature that came out of the Pandorica was simply: man. :awesome:

Reminds me of an episode of Futurama.
Colonel Brusnahan
Reminds me of an episode of Futurama.

Indeed, but still it could be interesting to see.

Also how come the Doctor wasn't worried about someone else building a time machine? :s
I have completed my frame by frame analysis! And I can confirm that The Doctor has a singular penis :awesome:
Reply 5429
LastLordofTime
I have completed my frame by frame analysis! And I can confirm that The Doctor has a singular penis :awesome:

:teeth:
I didn't know he covered his nipples with his hands in the hallway scene XD
Reply 5431
LastLordofTime
I didn't know he covered his nipples with his hands in the hallway scene XD

I spotted that, and it made me laugh.

Oh, and the homo eroticism that was mentioned earlier, I didn't notice any. It just seemed like the doctor not quite knowing how to act human (which I rather liked. One of the things that makes him better than DT imo)
Yeah, this definitely wouldn't have worked if it was David Tennant XD
Tennant who?

:getmecoat:
Guessing it's the Doctor in the Pandorica. Seems to be the only thing that would mobilize every creature he's ever battled against.
I'm not sure if I'm OK in posting this ... it's the falling-over scene ... he's not actually naked (he's either wearing some skin-coloured underwear or a modesty sock thing) but not sure if it's against the rules :redface:

Edit: Or maybe he is nekkid O_O -removed-

So, this image seems to be before the ships get there, which implies (to me) that there are definitely going to be both Cybus and alien Cybermen in the finale (since Cyber Ships were mentioned in the recent trailer).
Looks that way.

I imagine there won't be any new clips for the finale because they are trying to keep it secret but here's the finale trailer that's already been shown.

Indeed, I'd imagine they will like to keep it quiet :smile: Still, I remember some on-set photos from a while ago which I think had River Song at a museum? Possibly the Musee' Dorsee (or whoever it is spelt).
Yeah there were also some photos of little Amelia and a woman who was either her Aunt or her mum although both will make an appearance in the finale and I think these were also in a museum.

I know there are a couple of embargoed pics flying around but they won't be released for a few more days.

EDIT - Interesting fact: The apple with the face cracked in TEH looks like a smile, the crack also looks like a smile. No I am not saying the apple is the crack but it's interesting to know that Moffat once called/planned on calling the crack 'the crooked smile'. Make of that what you will.

Latest