The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Amy will have to look after the Doctor's body as he has an out-of-body experience :sexface:
Maybe. I love making connections out of thin air.
Wait, am I seeing things or were those markings on Amy the same ones from the Beast 2-parter? (The one with the hole in the ground, massive red flaming devil thingy) If so, it's looking like a great series simply for that, I always thought that massive devil thing was way too much of an awesome monster to just throw away!

Spoiler

there was a total sherlock moment in the christmas episode :nothing:

but other than that, it entertained me to a sufficient level.

and the trailer. what rambunctious fun! :teeth: especially Gaimen.

/edit: a bit late but meh.
Original post by spacepirate-James
there was a total sherlock moment in the christmas episode :nothing:

Oh? What moment was that?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Oh? What moment was that?

i dunno. maybe it's just what matt smith does (not seen his series in a while),

but near the start when he realised that Kazran wouldn't hit the wee kid, and sat on the chair facing away from his father's portrait. and in his deduction he started talking faster than normal whilst the camera zoomed into a variety of 'detective' images-- like in sherlock.

:colondollar:

but near the start when he realised that Kazran wouldn't hit the wee kid, and sat on the chair facing away from his father's portrait. and he started talking faster than normal whilst the camera zoomed into a variety of 'detective' images-- like in sherlock.

Those moments have been present throughout series 5, even in the first episode where he zones in on why Rory isn't recording the sky with a mobile phone. :tongue:

But they are the same writers with two eccentric but highly intelligent lead characters that do a lot of deduction. :teeth:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Those moments have been present throughout series 5, even in the first episode where he zones in on why Rory isn't recording the sky with a mobile phone. :tongue:

But they are the same writers with two eccentric but highly intelligent lead characters that do a lot of deduction. :teeth:

:colonhash: shut it ape :colonhash:

it's all coming back to me.
:colonhash: shut it ape :colonhash:

it's all coming back to me.

:colone:
(edited 13 years ago)

but near the start when he realised that Kazran wouldn't hit the wee kid, and sat on the chair facing away from his father's portrait. and in his deduction he started talking faster than normal whilst the camera zoomed into a variety of 'detective' images-- like in sherlock.

Ooh yeah I remember.

On another note. A broken screwdriver that gets fixed and given to river for her to take back to the library
Reply 6890
where does he get new screwdrivers from?
Original post by humy369

the tardis regrows them :ninja:
Original post by humy369

Screwdrivers are really TARDIS poo.
Reply 6893
the tardis regrows them :ninja:

o...k got a really weird image from that. but thanks. i always wondered
How fit was Karen Gillian in that episode

Oh the episode.... I caught the last 13 minutes or so : | thought Dr Who started at 6.45 *Epic faaail but the end was interesting :|
Reply 6895
It might be on iPlayer
Ahhh! I just watched the trailer. Looks exciting. I really hope BBC America doesn't cut the special like they always cut down every single episode. Seriously. I have strong feelings of resentment towards their editing team. Not cool.
Absolutely liked the episode! Can't wait for series 6 (does anyone think Amy Pond is River Song?)

Can anyone explain how Katherine Jenkin's character singing stopped the ship from crashing?
BBC America has the unfortunate handicap of having adverts, so it's inevitable that if they've only got a 60 minute slot, the episode will be cut down. If it's closer to an hour and a half, you're probably safe in it being the full version. If not, there are means to acquire such things :awesome:
Original post by LastLordofTime
BBC America has the unfortunate handicap of having adverts, so it's inevitable that if they've only got a 60 minute slot, the episode will be cut down. If it's closer to an hour and a half, you're probably safe in it being the full version. If not, there are means to acquire such things :awesome:

iplayer? :teehee:

Latest