I LOVE HER

Well I really like and I think Karen Gillan is great as Amy. :colondollar:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Fail theory. :pierre:

:tongue:

Just my group of friends then. :holmes:

Thank you.

He looks really skinny. :no:
I don't like Amy Pond and I'm a guy, mainly because she's a **** character atm. Got half a series to change that before she kicks it anwyay :h:
Reply 7124
Original post by Rachel08
Just my group of friends then. :holmes:

I'm not really enamoured of her, but it is refreshing to have a companion who is female and not in love with the Doctor. Donna was my favourite out of New Who because she wasn't drooling over the Doctor.

I just don't like new Who anyway - the Doctor is supposed to change completely in regeneration, but Smith and Tennant are too similar, the stories are just too rushed to be any good, unless it is a 2 part story, and the female companions falling in love with the Doctor is just plain annoying!
Original post by LastLordofTime
Matt Smith in Christopher and his Kind :drool:

I saw it today. At first, I couldn't put the image of The Doctor to one side.

But all in all it was amazing :teeth:
Original post by spacepirate-James
I saw it today. At first, I couldn't put the image of The Doctor to one side.

But all in all it was amazing :teeth:

Same. For a while, I kept thinking "OMG THE DOCTOR IS HAVING HAWT MANSECKS" but I got used to it after a while. A really enjoyable and interesting drama. It's refreshing because most gay drama is really awful...
Original post by Smalley
I'm not really enamoured of her, but it is refreshing to have a companion who is female and not in love with the Doctor. Donna was my favourite out of New Who because she wasn't drooling over the Doctor.

I just don't like new Who anyway - the Doctor is supposed to change completely in regeneration, but Smith and Tennant are too similar, the stories are just too rushed to be any good, unless it is a 2 part story, and the female companions falling in love with the Doctor is just plain annoying!

Yeah, Matt Smith isn't different enough. David Tennant's doctor was a really strong character whereas I find Matt Smith a little bland really.
I loved Donna because she brought some comedy to it which, I agree, was a refreshing change from the assisstants drooling over him. Having someone who could bounce off him and challenge him was great.

Yeah, I was really disappointed with the last series, I mean I was expecting it to be different with the new doctor, but even with that factored in it just was a bit of a let down story wise.
Hoping the new series will be better now the new writing team have found their feet.
Original post by Rachel08
Yeah, Matt Smith isn't different enough. David Tennant's doctor was a really strong character whereas I find Matt Smith a little bland really.
I loved Donna because she brought some comedy to it which, I agree, was a refreshing change from the assisstants drooling over him. Having someone who could bounce off him and challenge him was great.

Yeah, I was really disappointed with the last series, I mean I was expecting it to be different with the new doctor, but even with that factored in it just was a bit of a let down story wise.
Hoping the new series will be better now the new writing team have found their feet.

He started off strong and ended up whiney, like I said before people just love him as he was a icon for the new series.

Matt Smith is a bit strange but has the youthful energy that David didnt have(when David had energy it felt like the drunk uncle at a party)
Reply 7129
Original post by drbluebox
He started off strong and ended up whiney, like I said before people just love him as he was a icon for the new series.

Matt Smith is a bit strange but has the youthful energy that David didnt have(when David had energy it felt like the drunk uncle at a party)

David Tennant's ending was THE WORST in history 'I don't want to go' Technically he wasn't going FFS!! still the same person just different face!
David tennant only seemed to be energetic when he was spurting a load of technical blurb.
I think Eccleston could have been an amazing Doctor, if he had stayed longer than one series and they could have explored more into his character
Original post by Smalley
David Tennant's ending was THE WORST in history 'I don't want to go' Technically he wasn't going FFS!! still the same person just different face!

I thought it was the best ending, riddled with emotion, the delivery of the line was perfect.

And I wouldn't say that 'he wasn't going' or that 'still the same person with a different face'. If you'd watched the cafe scene with Wilfred then he covered what regeneration felt like. Despite being a new face and 'same person' - it's still like dying, he described it bitterly as a new man goes sauntering off with the new body. And that part was deliberate on RTD's doing. He set it up so you knew the regeneration was essentially him dying but at the same time, not dying. The implication is that the memories are retained whilst a new body and personality is created - and I wouldn't say that was the same person.
(edited 13 years ago)
I thought it was the best ending, riddled with emotion, the delivery of the line was perfect.

And I wouldn't say that 'he wasn't going' or that 'still the same person with a different face'. If you'd watched the cafe scene with Wilfred then he covered what regeneration felt like. Despite being a new face and 'same person' - it's still like dying, he described it bitterly as a new man goes sauntering off with the new body. And that part was deliberate on RTD's doing. He set it up so you knew the regeneration was essentially him dying but at the same time, not dying. The implication is that the memories are retained whilst a new body and personality is created - and I wouldn't say that was the same person.

Thats just the current series interpetation though and next time he regenerates it may be a different description.

Its more than just memories though, the morals and base parts of him are transferred else every time he regenerates theres nothing stopping him being as evil as the Master or the Daleks
Anyone listened to the new soundtrack yet?
Original post by aaran-j

Original post by aaran-j
Anyone listened to the new soundtrack yet?

When was the new soundtrack released
Original post by wizard710
When was the new soundtrack released

Today. I got my copy from Amazon this morning.
Reply 7135

I would think that Jon Pertwee's ending was much better, the regeneration sequence was rubbish, but his final lines were very powerful.

I suppose the whole idea of new person walking off is true, but it every regeneration so far there hasn't been such a massive deal made of it. I suppose I'm too set in my views with Old Who. I think it was mainly the fact it took him about 5 minutes to die!
I've just been browsing Youtube and found this (old) video so forgive me for bringing it up. It's quite possible that Moffat has discussed a role in Doctor Who with Benedict (Sherlock from the new BBC TV series), and judging by the way he keeps stressing "Not AN episode of Doctor Who, no"...it certainly makes you speculate. If he was to feature in Doctor Who, would you guys prefer him as the Doctor, or a more bad guy role like the Master?

You might be on to something there. :holmes:
All British TV stars turn up in all British TV shows eventually, just be patient.
Original post by SirMasterKey
You might be on to something there. :holmes:

Would you prefer him as the Doctor, or a villain role like the Master? :holmes:
Would you prefer him as the Doctor, or a villain role like the Master? :holmes:

Omega. :holmes:

Latest