The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Interviews with a few new short clips of the first two episodes -
Reply 7301
I'm loving the fact the new series starts on the 23rd as it's the day after my birthday so it means I can be lazy all day recovering from the hangover and watch Doctor Who later on :grin:

For me by far Blink was the scariest episode those damn angels are so damn creepy, my sister (who is 21 :laugh: ) refused to come in the room while the episode was still on.
Episode Synopses for episodes 1 and 2 in spoiler tags below.

Spoiler

Original post by LastLordofTime
Episode Synopses for episodes 1 and 2 in spoiler tags below.

Spoiler

Must. Resist. O_O
Thought people might not want to see it outright, since the synopses are so awesome, so put them in spoiler tags :smile: Even though they give nothing away really XD Just really generic plot hints.
Water of Mars was a creepy episode. Not to mention a fantastic one. :awesome:
Just noticed from the BBC Trailer that Tennant's Tardis makes an appearance, unless my eyes are deceiving me! Tennant returns? :love:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Midnight was as scary as Blink, if not more, for me. Unknown entity and the Doctor at a total loss of what to do, and how to deal with it.

Midnight scared the living daylights out of me.
The Silents are setting up to be even more scary. My favourite shots from the trailer -

Silent screenshots

Original post by Rascacielos
Just noticed from the BBC Trailer that Tennant's Tardis makes an appearance, unless my eyes are deceiving me! Tennant returns? :love:

You mean this?

No, Tennant is not returning.
Reply 7309
I'm thinking of purchasing 1 or 2 dvd's from the classic series, as I've only ever watched the new series. Where would people suggest is a good starting place? There are so many i have no idea which one to buy.
Original post by spacepirate-James
Water of Mars was a creepy episode. Not to mention a fantastic one. :awesome:

That episode sucked apart from the last three minutes.
Original post by sleekchic
Ok I'll admit that I am new to Doctor Who. I started watching towards the end of series 4 and the the series 5 two parter was the first time I experienced the Angels so it was pretty scary for me. After that, I went back and watched Blink and it just wasn't the same tbh.

I preferred Angels in the last season, rather than Blink- Blink was good, but nowhere near as scary.
The angels in series 5 were laughable they were so tame.

There was no sense of danger compared to blink.
Original post by Colonel.
That episode sucked apart from the last three minutes.

:colonhash:

How so? I really disliked the last melodrama scenes. 'Time Lord victorious'? Seriously?
Original post by cambo211
The angels in series 5 were laughable they were so tame.

There was no sense of danger compared to blink.

I disagree. With the images in Amy's mind, I think their threat was increased actually.
Original post by spacepirate-James
:colonhash:

How so? I really disliked the last melodrama scenes. 'Time Lord victorious'? Seriously?

That episode was a typical stick several sterotypes in a room Doctor Who episode. Lack of care for the people that were supposed to be dying. Camp robot. Bad accents. Yes, fixed point was an interesting thing, but after Fires of Pompeii, it had been done. The last bit about the Doctor deciding to be the ruler of Time and making the rules was the most interesting bit of the whole thing, yet it only lasted three minutes as everyone was in a rush to kill him and usher in Matt Smith.

So yeah, that episode was crap.
Original post by Colonel.
I disagree. With the images in Amy's mind, I think their threat was increased actually.

Maybe it was just the physical presence of the Doctor that toned them down a bit. I just didn't get as big a feeling of threat from them as i did in Blink. Possibly because too much was going on around them (The crack, River Song) and possibly because they were 'weakened' as they couldn't move if they thought someone was looking at them which made the threat of Amy a little dull.
Reply 7317
Am sure some silly git here will download the episode on BBCi Player for you.
And if I mind right, there is a way to rip from that as well :wink:
Yer not gonna miss it, besides, they usually get re-shown again and again and ....
Original post by humy369
DAMN! I'm going to miss the first episode :angry::angry::angry: I'm going to be abroad on the 23rd and won't be back until the 29th :angry::angry::angry:
Thank god for iPlayer i guess but it's never the same :mad:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The Silents are setting up to be even more scary. My favourite shots from the trailer -

Silent screenshots

You mean this?

No, Tennant is not returning.

Yes, I mean that. It's probably something to do with the crack in time.

I don't mean Tennant returning as the Doctor for a length of time, but there was some speculation he'd return for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who in 2013.
I just realised how sad River's story is. She's basically seeing the Doctor forget why he loves her.

Latest