The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

RIP Elisabeth.

Although never really watched SJA, then she was good in what I watched / the DW episodes she was in, and the death on anyone is always sad. I hope that her life was a good one for her.
Reply 7721
RIP Elisabeth Sladen :frown: such a strong woman... yet no news was given b4 her death regarding her having cancer ...
Original post by Phobia27
I have no idea how they would approach the death on SJA, I definitely think RTD would carry the show on in some form, though it may need a title change. Perhaps an entire overhaul of the show? I'm not sure, but all the characters are approaching 18 now and Luke has even gone to university now so it's becoming less of a children's programme now.

It seems kind of fitting that the last episode of SJA broadcasted is "Goodbye, Sarah Jane Smith". I haven't watched that episode yet but will definitely watch it tomorrow.

When is it on tomorrow? I enjoyed the odd SJA episode I run into, and its very sad to hear that she died.
This reminds me of someone in uni that I knew before coming to study there- I didnt see her after the interview day, and a year later I found out she died from cancer via an email about fundraising :sad:
Original post by TulipFields
When is it on tomorrow? I enjoyed the odd SJA episode I run into, and its very sad to hear that she died.
This reminds me of someone in uni that I knew before coming to study there- I didnt see her after the interview day, and a year later I found out she died from cancer via an email about fundraising :sad:

Thought I might find it on the internet, but if not they run repeats everyday of a SJA episode on CBBC so I'm sure I'll be able to catch it sometime.
Original post by Phobia27
Thought I might find it on the internet, but if not they run repeats everyday of a SJA episode on CBBC so I'm sure I'll be able to catch it sometime.

I'll watch it on the internet then, easier that way. Its going to be saaad :frown:
Reply 7725
i posted this on my facebook and no one even knows who she is, so no one can be sad about it with me.

it's nice to be able to come onto a forum with other brits (i'm american/live in america) and be sad about it.

she was so amazing. it's sad to know sarah jane will never be back in any universe.
My little cousin was watching SJA this morning and I was like :frown:
There's 3 stories (6 episodes) left to air, apparently :frown: They had planned 6 stories for the next series, but had to stop filming because Elizabeth Sladen was ill. Series 5 was the last commissioned series, by the looks of it, and it's unknown whether they'll air the final 3 episodes in her memory or not. Given that they usually film these things out of order, it might not make sense, but SJA isn't known for long-running story arcs anyway. I hope they do air them.
Original post by LastLordofTime
There's 3 stories (6 episodes) left to air, apparently :frown: They had planned 6 stories for the next series, but had to stop filming because Elizabeth Sladen was ill. Series 5 was the last commissioned series, by the looks of it, and it's unknown whether they'll air the final 3 episodes in her memory or not. Given that they usually film these things out of order, it might not make sense, but SJA isn't known for long-running story arcs anyway. I hope they do air them.

Apparently the series opener and finale are amongst those completed.

I still can't believe that she's gone. BBC News have been showing tributes, but it hasn't really sunk in yet. :frown:
There is going to be a special tribute to Lis, following The Impossible Astronaut on Saturday.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a315556/doctor-who-planning-elisabeth-sladen-tribute.html
I thought they might do a tribute this weekend. It's more likely to reach her oldest fans and it makes more sense than waiting a few months for SJA, if that even airs. Plus, Doctor Who was where she began.

I have a feeling I'm going to get all teary eyed at the tribute. Unless it's just a "In memory of" or "Dedicated to" screen at the end.
I'm disgusted by the amount of Twitter spam bots using Elisabeth Sladen's name to spread their crap... It's the one bloody fault of the whole trending idea of Twitter.
Reply 7733
"Doctor Who returns on Saturday and a spokeswoman for the show said that "something suitable is being planned" as a tribute to the late actress."

I can imagine they'd show a little tribute to her at the end of the first episode.

She was a trending topic all through the night on Twitter, it was so nice to see she had so much love.

In a way, I hope they don't continue with SJA, whilst I loved the few episodes I did watch I just don't think it'd be the same without her, she made that show what it was.
Original post by LastLordofTime
Unless it's just a "In memory of" or "Dedicated to" screen at the end.

I'd be surprised, they'll have fans screaming bloody murder if that was all they did for her, even in new Who she was still popular enough to get her own spinoff.
A montage of clips of her life and role in Doctor who?
I'd imagine so. I'd definitely be annoyed if they only did a little dedication or in memory of. The only thing that might stop them doing something bigger is finding time in the schedule - but given there's live programming on afterwards, I believe, they can trim some of the fat off of that since they always try to give themselves enough buffer on live TV.
I actually shed a tear when I heard about this. RIP Elisabeth Sladen. :cry2:

I grew up watching classic Doctor Who reruns, and both she and Romana have been my favourite assistants since I was a little girl. Gone, but never ever forgotten :heart:
I am desvasted at the loss of Lis, she was so young and so brave. It's really shocked the whole DW community on Gallifrey Base, especially seeing as Nick Courtney only passed away in February.
It still hasn't really sunk in yet.

"A tear, Sarah Jane? No, don't cry. While there's life, there's..."

I hope she's up there with Pertwee and the Brig in Doctor Who heaven, rest in peace, Lis. <3

Latest

Trending

Trending