The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I wasn't impressed by tonights episode. Seemed a bit too corny for me, dunno why.
Reply 61
Oh I love corny, it was great. :biggrin: Aww the Doctor with tears in his eyes when he was saying goodbye to Sarah Jane...he's so gorgeous. Oh and the specs! *dies*

By the way, I do agree with Moloko that Christopher Eccleston was a lot more intense. I loved the episode (think it was the last one) where he went up to Rose and said, "I think you need a doctor" and then kissed her. It would have been interesting to see how Christopher Eccleston's version of the doctor would have developed.
It was very Demon Headmaster tonight wasn't it? But that's no bad thing. It also gave people who haven't seen much of the old series (like me) a chance to see some of the Doctor's history, while giving the old fans some nostalgia. It also furthered the relationship between the Doctor and Rose and got Mickey into the TARDIS (that was a bit too quick a change of heart, though. See his reaction when this is suggested in World War 3).
Reply 63
michaelnicholson88
It was very Demon Headmaster tonight wasn't it? But that's no bad thing. It also gave people who haven't seen much of the old series (like me) a chance to see some of the Doctor's history, while giving the old fans some nostalgia. It also furthered the relationship between the Doctor and Rose and got Mickey into the TARDIS (that was a bit too quick a change of heart, though. See his reaction when this is suggested in World War 3).

Yeah it was a sudden change of heart wasn't it! I reckon he's probably trying to distance himself from Rose after seeing how badly Sarah Jane reacted to being replaced.
does anyone else find Mickey annoying?i dont want him hanging around the Tardis aswell,i wanna see the dr and rose finally get together!lol
mouse89
does anyone else find Mickey annoying?i dont want him hanging around the Tardis aswell,i wanna see the dr and rose finally get together!lol

I'll stick with Mickey, personally. :rolleyes:
Maybe he thinks that Rose will stay with him. After the Doctor drops them off maybe he thinks that if he has been with them, Rose will be able to have someone to talk/relate to about it all, unlike sara jane who said that everyone else after the doctor didn't live up to her expectations so maybe he'll be able to live up to Rose's expections and they'll end up together?????????????????

I'm probably reading way too far into this!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:
elbow_fan
Yeah it was a sudden change of heart wasn't it! I reckon he's probably trying to distance himself from Rose after seeing how badly Sarah Jane reacted to being replaced.

I think it may have been brought on by the realisation halfway through that he's the tin dog...! Plus, he's had quite a lot of time to think about it since Aliens of London/WW3 - that was about a year ago by this point (WW3: March 2006; School Reunion: probably about April 2007).

I wuvved this episode. Made me cry buckets. Sarah Jane is awesome: anyone who hasn't seen any episodes with her in, check them out. She never got bitchy either, despite being very capable, which Rose unfortunately has - at least for now...
Reply 68
I loved "School Reunion!" Thought it was fantastic, especially with Sarah Jane and K-9. Quite sad in parts though. What can I say, I'm sentimental.

I have to admit though that Rose is beginning to do my head in a bit. She was a bit bitchy in the episode and I can only see it getting worse, especially now Mickey is with them.

Only time will tell!

Oh, and if there is one more reference to Torchwood I think I shall scream. Talk about being as subtle as a sledgehammer. I don't remember Bad Wolf being so blatantly obvious, as even though it was always mentioned I didn't mind it. But the Torchwood thing is starting to annoy me slightly.
Reply 69
I didnt notice bad wolf either till they pointed it out, i think the reason why torchwood is so obvious though is that because a lot of people know theres going to be a spin off series called torchwood so your looking for the word all the time, if i ddint know about that i dunno if i would have picked up on it yet but i might have becasue it is in every episode.
Reply 70
Great episode tonight, the ending was so sad :frown:

Oh yeah, and the Cybermen return next week. I hope the glittergun also makes a return appearance :biggrin:
Reply 71
I liked today's episode but not as much as last weeks. Btw, here's a spoiler which my dad read about in a newspaper.

Spoiler

Reply 72
Tonights episode had the potential to be awesome but was only good IMO. for example:

The doctor isn't selfish enough to ditch rose and mickey on a spaceship with a very good chance of never returning. Not only that but he is the only remaining timelord and has to stay with the tardis to help the universe.

Also, the robots would have slit the womans throat once they had her on her knees, why delay? The gaps between her speak aren't sufficient 'distraction'.

Anyway I am just plot picking, I still thought it was a good episode.
Reply 73
Sithius
Tonights episode had the potential to be awesome but was only good IMO. for example:

The doctor isn't selfish enough to ditch rose and mickey on a spaceship with a very good chance of never returning. Not only that but he is the only remaining timelord and has to stay with the tardis to help the universe.

Also, the robots would have slit the womans throat once they had her on her knees, why delay? The gaps between her speak aren't sufficient 'distraction'.

Anyway I am just plot picking, I still thought it was a good episode.

I think the identity of the robots was revealed too soon as well. They should have left the masks on to keep us guessing what was behind there!

It was a good episode. You could really feel the chemistry between the doctor and that woman (probably because it's Tennant's wife!) I think maybe the reason the Doctor did leave Rose and Mickey stranded was an attempt to show just how strong the connection was between him and this woman...he intially tried to refuse her advances when she tried to persuade him to dance and after that he was smitten and felt less alone.

It also reinforces the tension between Rose and the Doctor. She's had him to herself for ages and I think that tear rolling down her cheek was because she was gutted that he left her to save another woman!

Yeah, I'm a bit obsessed with Doctor Who...:rolleyes: :biggrin:
I enjoyed Eccleston more as the Doctor than Tennant, although I believe Tennant resembles more like what people imagine the Doctor would be if they hadn't seen it before.

Anyways, about last night's episode, I'll definitely have to rewatch the repeat later night as I didn't understand everything going on the first time but I can say 2 things though:

1. I felt sad at the end, not crying but emotional because underneath, I REALLY wanted her to visit the stars as it sounded so sweet and romantic (and I'm a guy, lol) but when he didn't see her, I knew immediately it was never gonna happen
2. Sophia Myles just looked HOT in that episode :biggrin: I'd prefer her over some bikini-clad blonde model any day
I thought yesterday's episode was fantastic and extremely clever - the last shot basically explained the entire thing so if you got a bit confused, keep your eyes peeled for that one.

All baddies in Doctor Who wait before carrying out their dastardly deeds. It's traditional. Otherwise there wouldn't be a chance for the Doctor to save the day, and that's just not cricket...
Reply 76
I thought this episode was really good as well, the clockwork robots waiting was a bit like you know the doctors going to save the day but then again they did explain that sophia myles voice makes them listen and it slows them down. I never expect to like the historical episodes but they are turning out to be some of my favourite ones like last years the unquiet dead and this years tooth and claw and this episode.
i didnt like the robots as the villains,in the tv guide i buy it said the episode was "terriying" but i found the robots really lame,did anyone else?
but i did like the chemistry between the doctor and and Spohia Myles' character (cant remember her name,lol) and it was so sad when the doctor did go back to see her but she had died :frown:
Reply 78
The idea is he's really intelligent, I'm sure he would have known from past experience that time alters when going between the portal.
mouse89
i didnt like the robots as the villains,in the tv guide i buy it said the episode was "terriying" but i found the robots really lame,did anyone else?
but i did like the chemistry between the doctor and and Spohia Myles' character (cant remember her name,lol) and it was so sad when the doctor did go back to see her but she had died :frown:

I think a lot of kids had to have all the clocks in their houses switched off/run down after that epsiode...! The bit in Reinette's bedroom when she was a little girl I thought was very scary, though they could've used the ticking to greater effect. I guess they thought that would have been too traumatising for the littler ones, though.

Latest