The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Roger Kirk
This might sound strange, but one thing I'm hoping for with Donna is that because we all seem to be saying how much we hate the character and because of the low expectations many of us , that we might, in fact, be pleasantly surprised by her....we can always hope. If you have low expectations, then even something half good will leave you feeling happy and pleased :biggrin:

True, you never know.

Everyone thought Daniel Craig would be a rubbish James Bond (because he had blonde hair for one thing), but he proved us all wrong.
^Yeah, but people mainly argued themselves red against him because he had the wrong hairdo. It isn't like Donna who is just a character written in an episode for Comedy.

I hope Roger Kirk's right though.
I'm really looking forward to the Christmas episode- I need new Dr Who!

Just caught the end of the Shakespeare one on BBC3- I love the 'Expelliarmus!' bit. :biggrin:
*Joanna*
I'm really looking forward to the Christmas episode- I need new Dr Who!

Just caught the end of the Shakespeare one on BBC3- I love the 'Expelliarmus!' bit. :biggrin:

I loved it too.
Which is why it is my signature :smile:
Just saw the trailer for it on BBC, VERY confusing, wont spoil by saying what was in it (nor provide what was in it within tags :P )
Reply 1225
I'm just glad that Steven Moffat is coming back to write a two-parter for this coming season, I've loved every episode he has done.

I'm also holding out hope that we'll see an episode that explains how the Doctor ticked off Elizabeth I.

I also managed to download a ton of Doctor Who music from the original soundtrack CD. My favourite tracks are 'The Cybermen' and 'Madame de Pompadour'.
Quick question; will the Christmas special make sense if I haven't seen the Children In Need one?

I've been reliving the Eccleston days. Loves him.

Edit: Ok, scratch that question, I found it on YouTube!
*Joanna*
Quick question; will the Christmas special make sense if I haven't seen the Children In Need one?

I've been reliving the Eccleston days. Loves him.

Edit: Ok, scratch that question, I found it on YouTube!

Yep, it will.

The CIN episode starts as Martha leaves and ends as the Titanic bursts through the TARDIS - so basically set wholey during the last few seconds of the last epsidoe of last series.

The great thing about travel in time and space is that you can have episodes set in what might appear a blink of an eye to some outside the full events. Hence we didn't see the CIN events when we first watched that scene but did during CIN :p:
Reply 1228
DoktaUH
Just saw the trailer for it on BBC, VERY confusing, wont spoil by saying what was in it (nor provide what was in it within tags :P )

Actually, I thought it made a lot more sense, though the beginning will have to explain a few things certainally
Reply 1229
Could have sworn in the trailer at the end of the last series he was on the actual titanic and there was an iceberg...

Although I wondered what they were going to do about that photograph of the christopher ecclestone dr who on the titanic that you saw in the first series. Does anyone know if they actually did change what it was going to be about?
diffrent ship 1st seasion the photos was of the real ship and the one now was a diffrent ship they named it after the onld one. it was said in the epp
Reply 1231
the sand man
diffrent ship 1st seasion the photos was of the real ship and the one now was a diffrent ship they named it after the onld one. it was said in the epp

But I could have sworn in the trailer you could see the sea and it hitting the iceberg, s'why I immediately wondered how they were going to get around it...

I did understand the episode :p:
Reply 1232
If £1 million = 50 million credits, then the woman who ran up a phone bill of "5000 credits" only owed £100....
Reply 1233
Budgie
If £1 million = 50 million credits, then the woman who ran up a phone bill of "5000 credits" only owed £100....

I was thinking that at the end as well, surely they must have realised :/

It was a crap episode anyways
Reply 1234
Bit of a poor episode all round, I thought.
Reply 1235
It was a bit pointless, they dragged the entrance of Max out for ages.. I hoped it was going to be someone interesting and oldschool.
Reply 1236
Balakaffalakka (sp?) = awesome. Best character in that episode... was naively hoping that he'd be the Doctor's next companion... ._.

And. Yeah. 'Twas a crap episode...
Reply 1237
I'm sure Robobs right, I've been asking my sister the same thing the whole night. I'm pretty sure that there was an iceberg in the trailer for this last season:confused:
Bleurgh, a huge disappointment.
I actually really enjoyed it. I was happy to see Tennant, Kylie, some guy who used to be in Casualty, Richard from Keeping Up Appearances and Rudge from the History Boys having some good old Christmas fun with the Doctor. Titanic meets the Poseidon Adventure..nice idea. I liked it but I seem to enjoy every episode of Doctor Who.

Latest

Trending

Trending