The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
JessicaW
Plus, she wasn't talking to him in the way a daughter would.

Well she wasn't actually his daughter anyway, she was just a clone-y thing. But, yeah, I get what you mean.
nuttygirl
Is Donna dead for good?

No, on the preview for the rest of the series donna is in it and says something about rose coming back, which im sure hasnt been said already this series yet, so she'll be back.

Anyway, fantastic episode tonight, loved it, Moffat never dissapoints
Awesomnia

Spoiler

I thought it wasn't real faces but sort of re-imagined versions of people's faces from a computer bank of them. So not real flesh maybe?
ofolion
Prediction:

Spoiler

god, i hope not :s: thats just lame and predictable if it is
Untitled258
No, on the preview for the rest of the series donna is in it and says something about rose coming back, which im sure hasnt been said already this series yet, so she'll be back.

Anyway, fantastic episode tonight, loved it, Moffat never dissapoints

Yeah, great episode, not a fault to find with it really.

I can't wait for next weeks - if it's only half as good as this weeks then it will be more than worth watching :biggrin:

So many mystries to sort out and questions to answer...
Moffat is god :P:
Loved last night's episode.

I think the woman is the doctor's lover in the future, but she can also time travel - or at least space travel (with her always living in the 5billionth century (or whenever it is) and the doctor coming to a similar point in time every time to see her in different locations).

2 things:
1) Riversong said she'd been to the end of the univerese with the doctor. If this means time-wise, then that's somewhere he took Rose if I remember correctly?
2) Did anyone else notice that at the beiginning of the episode when the doctor and Donna were infront of the Tardis, the lights in the Tardis window were in the shape of "C D"? or was that just me?

Wait, one 3rd thing - Moffatt is amazing! :biggrin:
Reply 1727
Somebody

2 things:
1) Riversong said she'd been to the end of the univerese with the doctor. If this means time-wise, then that's somewhere he took Rose if I remember correctly?

That's where he took Martha, where the people were trying to find a new eutopia.
Loved this week's episode !!!

By the way, hasn't Riversong the same gun thingy that Jack had in series 1- the one that ran out or power and Jack never took it back to the factory, because the Doctor has blasted it? That was a Stephen Moffat episode by the way. Could there be any connection between Riversong and Jack? Or is it just wishful thinking on my part as I want Jack back? :p:

I love Stephen Moffat's episode, they always use very good strings and tricks... children's fears (and children - remember The Empty CHild and The Girl in the Fireplace)... fear of the dark and shadows, of monsters under your bed, of empty haunted houses... and the score was excellent too.

Bring one next week's episode, I want to know what happened to Donna, who is the little girl (Cal?) and who is that damned Riversong woman!! (loved to see Elizabeth from ER by the way :wink:)
Moffat always rights the scariest episodes, which the exception of girl in the fireplace, but the other 4 have been the ones where ive been on edge lol.

That gun thing did look simalier to jacks now you mention it yeah
That was a weird episode cos how can a timelord not know something in the future?
Reply 1731
wizard710
That was a weird episode cos how can a timelord not know something in the future?

Something in his future.
I really liked it, not as scary as other Moffat episodes but it was still better than any other this series. I think I liked it a lot because of the sets, the episode as a whole looked really good, really polished.
At the end of the preview, is that the doctor riding threw time on his sonic screw driver???
What do people reckon happens to Donna. I think she'll be alright for now, as the little girl "saved" her, but the this new woman seems to know something about Donna - as in the doctor has told her at some point in his future.
Reply 1735
I really enjoyed this weeks episode, but some of the ideas in it really reminded me of the novel "The Time Travellers Wife", which was kinda odd. Anyone else think that?
Reply 1736
joker_900
What do people reckon happens to Donna. I think she'll be alright for now, as the little girl "saved" her, but the this new woman seems to know something about Donna - as in the doctor has told her at some point in his future.

There was the "Why don't you know me in the future" bit too, which was not answered.
joker_900

Yea, Riversong (I think her name is), didn't react in a "good" way when she realised it was Donna... more of an "I'm-so-sorry" reaction was what I felt it was!

Not really going to speculate on it at the moment now. but I have a few theories in my head about it :p:
Somebody
Yea, Riversong (I think her name is), didn't react in a "good" way when she realised it was Donna... more of an "I'm-so-sorry" reaction was what I felt it was!

Not really going to speculate on it at the moment now. but I have a few theories in my head about it :p:

Please speculate :wink:

Can't wait 'till next weeks episode! :biggrin:
I got confused at one point and thought that River might be Donna at a later point in the doctors life

Latest