The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Apagg
Face of Boe was human, and members of Torchwood could see through the psychic paper in the Cybermen Invasion episode.

Like someone said, he wasn't a standard human like the Doctor seems to enjoy picking up as companions. By 'human' I meant standard companion type human, 20-21st century standard human, no special powers. And the Face of Boe isn't really a normal human either, since he was 'altered' by Rose.

And just because Torchwood could see through the paper, doesn't mean they could have messaged anyone through it.
Reply 1761
Oh, well, evidently by those standards she isn't "human", because she's a 51st century human the same as Jack.
It doesn't really seem a distinction worth making
Apagg
Oh, well, evidently by those standards she isn't "human", because she's a 51st century human the same as Jack.
It doesn't really seem a distinction worth making

She's not necessarily 51st century though, if she knows the Doctor. She could be from anywhere.

All I meant is that she isn't a standard companion like the Doctor usually picks, therefore she isn't a "normal" human by our standards, but she isn't necessarily the same as Jack either. There is a distinction. Whether you can see it or not is your problem.
Reply 1763
I didn't say there wasn't a distinction, I said there didn't seem to be much point in making it, that's all.
Maybe she was "normal" before she met the Doctor, after all.

Whether you can see it or not is your problem.

Was it really necessary?
Thread's been moved?!?!

ONly 93.5 hours till the next episode!

(I'm not *that* sad... just bored :biggrin:)
Thread's been moved indeed... is not Doctor Who on telly anymore?? :p: :p:
Reply 1767
There was us thinking you'd appreciate a nice big new forum to roam free in and have lots of different Who threads rather than one little sardine tin between Big Brother 9 auditions and Apprentice spoilers...pfft ungrateful bunch!
Acaila
There was us thinking you'd appreciate a nice big new forum to roam free in and have lots of different Who threads rather than one little sardine tin between Big Brother 9 auditions and Apprentice spoilers...pfft ungrateful bunch!

But... but... but... this thread's about the TV show - with a few other theories and things thrown in! :p:

Can see why you moved it though. But this thread does stick to the TV show rather well I think :p:

*hugs Acalia*
We're forever grateful, hun. :wink:

Thing is, I feel really odd... me, posting in a Sci Fi and Cult subforum??? I'd have never thought I'd see this happen... :p:
Reply 1770
The whole blimmin' forum came out of "What about a Doctor Who subforum?"!!! :p:
There's plenty of Who books and dvds and conventions and figures and such to talk about (my dalek has a broken eyestalk since I moved :frown:)
And spell the name right you!
Reply 1771
FrenchGal
We're forever grateful, hun. :wink:

Thing is, I feel really odd... me, posting in a Sci Fi and Cult subforum??? I'd have never thought I'd see this happen... :p:

That's more like it :cool: :smile:
Hehe, next thing you know you'll be wearing dodgy classes and going to conventions dressed as a Klingon :eek:
FrenchGal

That was my main initial reaction too :p:
Heehee, true!

Sorry! Didn't know a subforum had been mentioned :p:

Oops... the i and l look so similar. Or I had a dyslexic moment! :p:

Sorry and thankies Acaila :biggrin:
Reply 1774
Only mentioned in those secret places known to special folk :ninja:
Or, to put it another way, the mod team are a bunch of big geeks :biggrin:
Acaila
That's more like it :cool: :smile:
Hehe, next thing you know you'll be wearing dodgy classes and going to conventions dressed as a Klingon :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek2:

David, you will be the death of me... :p:
Reply 1776
Alright, story for you lot if you think you're bad for posting here.
I was off to a rehearsal recently in a mix of smarter stuff since I like to be professional when I direct, casual stuff cos we were going to be doing a lot of physical work. So I went in brown jeans, smart blue top, brown pinstripe jacket, trainers and hair tied back. As I was leaving, I realised what I was wearing and how much of a geek I was. Instead of changing or whatever, I merely ran back into my room to grab my sonic screwdriver :biggrin:
Acaila
Alright, story for you lot if you think you're bad for posting here.
I was off to a rehearsal recently in a mix of smarter stuff since I like to be professional when I direct, casual stuff cos we were going to be doing a lot of physical work. So I went in brown jeans, smart blue top, brown pinstripe jacket, trainers and hair tied back. As I was leaving, I realised what I was wearing and how much of a geek I was. Instead of changing or whatever, I merely ran back into my room to grab my sonic screwdriver :biggrin:

Haha! How good would it be if u saw David Tennant on the street! :smile:
Only three days!!!!

Can't wait and really love the new forum!
Reply 1779
nuttygirl
Haha! How good would it be if u saw David Tennant on the street! :smile:

I was talking to someone who met him last summer right where I lived last summer! So jealous :mad:
And I went to the same show at the Fringe last year as Sophie Aldred, just on different days :frown:

Latest