Want more information about this university?

Any one starting counselling and psychotherapy degree in Sep 2019?

Watch
Lili G
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Looking to link in with any new starters x
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Chelseaa22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I’m starting the critical approaches to counselling and psychotherapy sept 19 nervous 🙈
(Original post by Lili G)
Looking to link in with any new starters x
Lili G
Rep:
?
That's great ! I'm super nervous too it's a big commitment, I'm just hoping there will be some good people on the course who I get along with, think that's a big aspect of going uni. I hope you enjoy your course it looks really interesting can I ask what made u choose that course over the counselling and psychotherapy one ? 😀Thanks for your response
Chelseaa22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m a mature student aswell at 27 I’m just hoping I’m not the only one! I want to gain a career as a psychological well being practitioner that’s why I chose the course...and with me not being in education for 10 years it seems like the perfect course to get that confidence back 😊 I previously studied the nursing degree for 12 months when I was 18 at edgehill but had to leave due medical reasons. Is this your first time at edge hill ? Ifit is you will love the UNI life x
That's great ! I'm super nervous too it's a big commitment, I'm just hoping there will be some good people on the course who I get along with, think that's a big aspect of going uni. I hope you enjoy your course it looks really interesting can I ask what made u choose that course over the counselling and psychotherapy one ? 😀Thanks for your response
Lili G
Rep:
?
Hi yes I'm a mature student too ! It's a scary prospect ! I'm hoping I'm going to fit into uni life I've never been before because I've been working full time for years just think it's now or never and don't want to regret not going! I was considering doing nursing but couldn't cope with all the shift work having children of my own , really hoping things will go well for us both it will be interesting to keep in touch to see how the two courses differ coz they are really similar in a lot of ways xxxx
(Original post by Chelseaa22)
I’m a mature student aswell at 27 I’m just hoping I’m not the only one! I want to gain a career as a psychological well being practitioner that’s why I chose the course...and with me not being in education for 10 years it seems like the perfect course to get that confidence back 😊 I previously studied the nursing degree for 12 months when I was 18 at edgehill but had to leave due medical reasons. Is this your first time at edge hill ? Ifit is you will love the UNI life x
Edge Hill University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi yes I'm a mature student too ! It's a scary prospect ! I'm hoping I'm going to fit into uni life I've never been before because I've been working full time for years just think it's now or never and don't want to regret not going! I was considering doing nursing but couldn't cope with all the shift work having children of my own , really hoping things will go well for us both it will be interesting to keep in touch to see how the two courses differ coz they are really similar in a lot of ways xxxx
Hi Lili, hope you're well!

We know entering university as a mature student can be worrying, but we think you'll settle in fine. Most (if not all) mature students feel the same way, but we find that they get on well not just with other mature students, but with 18 to 21 year olds too. Last year, our Students' Union held two meet and greet sessions for both mature students and student parents. While we've not confirmed whether they'll do the same this year, events like this are a great way to meet new people.

Have a great time on the course!

Alex
Jay-lee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Lili Il also be starting this course in sept x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise