The Student Room Group

Is this email alright?

So i want to volunteer at this therapy clinic and i'm not sure if this email is good. Is there any improvements i can make?

"To The Northwood Speech & Language Therapy Practice,

My name is ** and I am writing to enquire Volunteering/Work experience/ Work Shadowing during this summer.
I am currently a year 12 student in my first year at ** and i am studying Biology, Product design and Business. I have a huge interest in speech and language therapy and i aspire to be to study Speech and language therapy at University.

Last year i volunteered in a user-led charity (Disablement Association Hillingdon) and this sparked my interest in therapy. I would like gain further insight into speech and language therapy.

I am certain that I can learn a great deal working with you and that doing so will assist me in developing my skills as a therapist, and will
definitely help me to further comprehend the great deal of work and effort that occurs within. I am also happy being given tasks then left to work under my own initiative where required.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Faithfully,
*name*"
Hiya- you might want to get rid of ur name and school on this website as god-knows who will see it
Original post by AbiAbi_Abi
So i want to volunteer at this therapy clinic and i'm not sure if this email is good. Is there any improvements i can make?

"To The Northwood Speech & Language Therapy Practice,

My name is ** and I am writing to enquire Volunteering/Work experience/ Work Shadowing during this summer.
I am currently a year 12 student in my first year at ** and i am studying Biology, Product design and Business. I have a huge interest in speech and language therapy and i aspire to be to study Speech and language therapy at University.

Last year i volunteered in a user-led charity (Disablement Association Hillingdon) and this sparked my interest in therapy. I would like gain further insight into speech and language therapy.

I am certain that I can learn a great deal working with you and that doing so will assist me in developing my skills as a therapist, and will
definitely help me to further comprehend the great deal of work and effort that occurs within. I am also happy being given tasks then left to work under my own initiative where required.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Faithfully,
*name*"
But also-I think the email is great-goodluck
Reply 3
Ah yes i just edited it, can you still see it?
Original post by Ivanita-Ariana
Hiya- you might want to get rid of ur name and school on this website as god-knows who will see it
Nope-it's gone
Original post by AbiAbi_Abi
Ah yes i just edited it, can you still see it?
Reply 5
Thank youuuu
Original post by Ivanita-Ariana
But also-I think the email is great-goodluck
Reply 6
Good email. If you could get the name of a person to send it to it would be more personal and easier to follow up.
Reply 7
Oh right yes thank you so much.
Original post by Zarek
Good email. If you could get the name of a person to send it to it would be more personal and easier to follow up.

Quick Reply

Latest