AbiAbi_Abi
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So i want to volunteer at this therapy clinic and i'm not sure if this email is good. Is there any improvements i can make?

"To The Northwood Speech & Language Therapy Practice,

My name is ** and I am writing to enquire Volunteering/Work experience/ Work Shadowing during this summer.
I am currently a year 12 student in my first year at ** and i am studying Biology, Product design and Business. I have a huge interest in speech and language therapy and i aspire to be to study Speech and language therapy at University.

Last year i volunteered in a user-led charity (Disablement Association Hillingdon) and this sparked my interest in therapy. I would like gain further insight into speech and language therapy.

I am certain that I can learn a great deal working with you and that doing so will assist me in developing my skills as a therapist, and will
definitely help me to further comprehend the great deal of work and effort that occurs within. I am also happy being given tasks then left to work under my own initiative where required.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Faithfully,
*name*"
username4690370
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hiya- you might want to get rid of ur name and school on this website as god-knows who will see it
(Original post by AbiAbi_Abi)
So i want to volunteer at this therapy clinic and i'm not sure if this email is good. Is there any improvements i can make?

"To The Northwood Speech & Language Therapy Practice,

My name is ** and I am writing to enquire Volunteering/Work experience/ Work Shadowing during this summer.
I am currently a year 12 student in my first year at ** and i am studying Biology, Product design and Business. I have a huge interest in speech and language therapy and i aspire to be to study Speech and language therapy at University.

Last year i volunteered in a user-led charity (Disablement Association Hillingdon) and this sparked my interest in therapy. I would like gain further insight into speech and language therapy.

I am certain that I can learn a great deal working with you and that doing so will assist me in developing my skills as a therapist, and will
definitely help me to further comprehend the great deal of work and effort that occurs within. I am also happy being given tasks then left to work under my own initiative where required.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Faithfully,
*name*"
username4690370
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
But also-I think the email is great-goodluck
AbiAbi_Abi
Rep:
Ah yes i just edited it, can you still see it?
(Original post by Ivanita-Ariana)
Hiya- you might want to get rid of ur name and school on this website as god-knows who will see it
username4690370
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Nope-it's gone
(Original post by AbiAbi_Abi)
Ah yes i just edited it, can you still see it?
AbiAbi_Abi
Rep:
Thank youuuu
(Original post by Ivanita-Ariana)
But also-I think the email is great-goodluck
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Good email. If you could get the name of a person to send it to it would be more personal and easier to follow up.
AbiAbi_Abi
Rep:
Oh right yes thank you so much.
(Original post by Zarek)
Good email. If you could get the name of a person to send it to it would be more personal and easier to follow up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (65)
22.81%
Note taking apps (6)
2.11%
Flashcards (55)
19.3%
Revision guides (16)
5.61%
Past papers (132)
46.32%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (11)
3.86%

Watched Threads