Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ABB any chance of dentistry?

3rd year then apply? would i get accepted if i got AAA after a 3rd year + an as?

Atm i am set to do Chem eng with Biotechnology, but if i were to get a degree in this would i then be able to apply for grad entry?

ReputationRep:
    You can apply for grad entry if you've got a science-related career, however its more competitive if you do so. Typical offers for re-applicants are AAA anyway so you should be ok. Not sure about ABB, i highly doubt you'd get accepted for that but I do know some people who still got accepted in some rare cases. Most unis want an A in Bio and Chem.

Good luck anyway, have you already applied or are you applying for 2009 entry?

ReputationRep:
    I have already applied for Chem eng but was looking at dentistry if i got higher grades. So now if i dont get my grades i think i will go back and resit get AAA and then take maths so i will have a 2nd as which will bring my offering to AAA in Pe, Chem and Bio at alevel and C and A in computing and maths at as level. Would that be ok aswell as if i got some exp in a practice?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i think work exp is key when applying. At least 2 weeks is a requirement for most unis

ReputationRep:
    yeah work experience is vital, ideal would be in NHS practice aswell as Private sectors I think.

good luck

ReputationRep:
    its very difficult to get an offer after resitting your a-levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dentalstudentGKT)
    its very difficult to get an offer after resitting your a-levels.

What if you are just retaking modules to get your precidted grades during A2

ReputationRep:
    thats fine- i resat all of my chemistry and maths as-levels because i did so badly in them.

it says in the prospectuses from what i remember that you have to get your a-levels within your 2 years so you can resit whatever you want within those two years. if you resit after the two years you are at a major disadvantage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dentalstudentGKT)
    thats fine- i resat all of my chemistry and maths as-levels because i did so badly in them.

it says in the prospectuses from what i remember that you have to get your a-levels within your 2 years so you can resit whatever you want within those two years. if you resit after the two years you are at a major disadvantage
    thanks.. what were your As grades in first year..and what kind of books shoul di read and what should i be doing so that i can get in to dentistry?

ReputationRep:
    doesn't matter what i got- it was rubbish and ended up me getting rubbish predicted grades and after resitting it all got AAB in the two years.

if you look through the forums then you will find absolutely loads of information on what you can do.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.