Sonographer clinical placement help!!!!!!!

Watch this thread
Hazemate
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’m looking to apply to a postgrad cert for medical ultrasound. I’m graduating with a Bsc in Biomed. All the accredited uni’s require written confirmation of clinical placements, was just wondering how I go about getting these placements?

Are they only available as trainee sonographer placements? Or do I personally email/call up every hospital?
KyleH123
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hazemate)
I’m looking to apply to a postgrad cert for medical ultrasound. I’m graduating with a Bsc in Biomed. All the accredited uni’s require written confirmation of clinical placements, was just wondering how I go about getting these placements?

Are they only available as trainee sonographer placements? Or do I personally email/call up every hospital?
only trainee sonographer placements, you get them through the hospital generally and there may be competition.
Gsaidova
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I’m applying for medicine ultrasound course and I need to find placement myself and have no idea what to do. If you could give some advice from your experience please. Many thanks
asmee
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gsaidova)
Hi, I’m applying for medicine ultrasound course and I need to find placement myself and have no idea what to do. If you could give some advice from your experience please. Many thanks
I'm in the same situation, been offered a place on the condition of finding a placement myself and trust it's not easy. Has anyone had any luck? If so please share your experience that may be helpful to others,
Amaal/\
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Any1 got any advice. how about the msc medical ultrasound at imperial it doesnt require u to provide ur own placement.
Hopefuls
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Most people who do it are already radiographers and get it through their employer at their work base. Not sure how it works as an independent candidate. Maybe try emailing hospital ultrasound departments and see what they say, could present a challenge now with covid but it’s just a suggestion
jthorburn
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Did you find a clinical placement in the end?
LatifahShii
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

It’s assigned by hospitals usually reserved for radiographer within the department. They select individuals through interviews.
Hazemate
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by jthorburn)
Did you find a clinical placement in the end?
I got a response from 2 places. 1 was a private clinic and the other was a hospital that was going to interview me. I didn't go for either because I was told I would have to pay for the placements on top of the university fees.
Medivalkitt
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I got a response from 2 places. 1 was a private clinic and the other was a hospital that was going to interview me. I didn't go for either because I was told I would have to pay for the placements on top of the university fees.
Let me get this straight, you will be helping the hospital as a trainee sonographer and they want you to pay for your help?
Hazemate
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Medivalkitt)
Let me get this straight, you will be helping the hospital as a trainee sonographer and they want you to pay for your help?
Yes, you would be working under the supervisors/lead tutors. These were clinical placements referred to me by the university..
Cece500
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, is it possible to please tell me the names of the 2 placements,I am so desperate I am willing to pay just to get a placement. Thanks
Bettaa
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi am also looking for a placement in Ultrasound for the course. Has anyone secured a place ?
Hannah_lynx
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

what did you end up doing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (66)
69.47%
In the post (3)
3.16%
Text (13)
13.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.68%

Watched Threads