The Student Room Group

Do you hold down a job while doing a Full Time Course, and how?

(edited 4 years ago)
How much are you actually getting total from the loan and bursary?
Also you could quite easily do a part time job- I study medicine and if I needed to I could work as well (part time). I don't know what you intend to study but I'm sure you will have plenty of time to work and study- most revision will be done in exam time so you could ask to cut work hours down then
I'm just finishing my college course which was around 18hrs over 4 days a week and I had enough time for study at college, revision at home and a part-time job. I worked a zero-hours contract so that I could change my shifts or hours a lot easier if I needed to, but this isn't a reliable option if you need to be earning a certain amount of money - it all depends on your situation.

One of my friends, who also worked with me, managed to do her A-Levels at sixth form while working full-time during nights (mainly 4pm til 12am or 6pm til 2am) to be able to afford her rent and food. Not entirely sure how she managed it, and I wouldn't really recommend working full-time whilst also in full-time education but it's do-able if you absolutely have to!
I'm working three jobs plus studying.
I've worked throughout my undergrad and postgrads.
How much money are you expecting to receive from student finance and the bursary?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending