The Student Room Group

predicted grades when retaking a levels

after the monstrosity that is this exam season, i'm almost certain i won't be getting into my firm offer of ABB in biomed at birmingham.
soooo, i'll retake instead of going through clearing.
but i wanna reapply for medicine. can i actually do that? if my predicted grades were ABB and i fail to get them, what would my predicted grades be for my new application? is there a way of boosting them up to AAA or better? do predicted grades even matter if you reapply?
Original post by yuhhhhhhhhyyh
after the monstrosity that is this exam season, i'm almost certain i won't be getting into my firm offer of ABB in biomed at birmingham.
but i wanna reapply for medicine. can i actually do that? if my predicted grades were ABB and i fail to get them, what would my predicted grades be for my new application? is there a way of boosting them up to AAA or better? do predicted grades even matter if you reapply?

you need to check if they'll accept resits, for medicine universities aren't keen on them.
Predicted grades may be like 1 above your results. And as for medicine, as far as I know there are few uni’s who will accept someone who failed the first time round or didnt apply. I think the 2 most likely options would be UEA and Liverpool
If you're planning on going to Year 14, then the school/college should be able to give you predicted grades. (Although this will be tricky if you are going to apply by the 15 October deadline).

If you intend to be a private candidate, however, you really need to do your homework in advance. It could be difficult to find a centre which is able to cater for the science prac exams.

As we say in Welsh, however, this is all going before worry. Noone knows how well or badly they've done until 15 August. You may very well be scooting off to Brum to do Biomed in the autumn.

Original post by yuhhhhhhhhyyh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending