Dixiemoo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Warmerweatherplz)
Hi i have just been sent an email saying i have passed the background checks, now waiting for a start date. Have you got a date yet of when to start?
Hi, no not yet ☹️ I’ve emailed them to see if they can give me any idea but that was over a week ago and no reply yet!
Warmerweatherplz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Dixiemoo)
Hi, no not yet ☹️ I’ve emailed them to see if they can give me any idea but that was over a week ago and no reply yet!
Hi i got my email just now of formal offer and start date, starting 16th September. So only a couple of days after my checks were completed. Have you still not heard anything?
natbat87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I still haven't heard anything. I've sent an email but still yet to hear. Would be nice to know if I've passed the interview or not really
Dixiemoo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi i got my email just now of formal offer and start date, starting 16th September. So only a couple of days after my checks were completed. Have you still not heard anything?
Wow congrats! I’ve emailed them again. They may be waiting for other people’s checks coming back before confirming a start date for Newcastle (that’s what I’m hoping for anyway!)
Dixiemoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I did get a response eventually. Saying I need to wait for the vacancy holder. So I’m no further forward than I was 29 July. 😩😩
Last edited by Dixiemoo; 4 weeks ago
Warmerweatherplz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I did get a response eventually. Saying I need to wait for the vacancy holder. So I’m no further forward than I was 29 July. 😩😩
Awww hopefully it won't be too long now. I just saw your last email congratulating me. Thank you. Fingers crossed for you that you hear back very soon.
Dixiemoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Awww hopefully it won't be too long now. I just saw your last email congratulating me. Thank you. Fingers crossed for you that you hear back very soon.
. You literally couldn’t make it up... got my start date 30 September yay! I’m on holiday 18 September to 3 October 😩😩😩
Warmerweatherplz
Rep:
?
. You literally couldn’t make it up... got my start date 30 September yay! I’m on holiday 18 September to 3 October 😩😩😩
Oh wow😯😯😯 what are you going to do now? Have you let them know? 🙈
Dixiemoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh wow😯😯😯 what are you going to do now? Have you let them know? 🙈
Yeah I’ve emailed them to see if I can delay for a week... if not I may just have to come home early!!
Warmerweatherplz
Rep:
?
Yeah I’ve emailed them to see if I can delay for a week... if not I may just have to come home early!!
Ok well congratulations! Keep in touch through this, we can compare the work and how we're doing. I start earlier so i can tell you how the first week went.
Cdes123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I received my checks back saying they have passed, this was Thursday last week. I am now awaiting a start date, but curious as to how long I might have to wait.
Warmerweatherplz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cdes123)
I received my checks back saying they have passed, this was Thursday last week. I am now awaiting a start date, but curious as to how long I might have to wait.
I only had to wait a couple of days after my checks were completed, but i'm in Nottingham, i don't know where you are based, it might be different.
Cdes123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I only had to wait a couple of days after my checks were completed, but i'm in Nottingham, i don't know where you are based, it might be different.
Based in Liverpool. The email said that I have passed the checks and to await a start date and / or the next steps. Eager to start, so hopefully I will hear soon.
Cdes123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When is your start date?
Warmerweatherplz
Rep:
?
Based in Liverpool. The email said that I have passed the checks and to await a start date and / or the next steps. Eager to start, so hopefully I will hear soon.
Yeah i got that email and then 2 days later got an email of formal offer and start date. I'm starting in September. Fingers crossed you hear from them soon. I'm sure you will.
Cdes123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah i got that email and then 2 days later got an email of formal offer and start date. I'm starting in September. Fingers crossed you hear from them soon. I'm sure you will.
Good luck, there is plentiful opportunity for progression too.
Warmerweatherplz
Rep:
?
Good luck, there is plentiful opportunity for progression too.
Thank you, you too. Yes there is which is one of the reasons why i applied.
Cdes123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you, you too. Yes there is which is one of the reasons why i applied.
What date are you starting.
Warmerweatherplz
Rep:
?
What date are you starting.
16th September
Cdes123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
16th September
I was hoping the 16th September, but given that I have not heard anything, then I might well have to wait. Not sure whether to drop them an email to ask if they have a start date in mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.8%
Pop (211)
24.74%
Jazz (33)
3.87%
Classical (46)
5.39%
Hip-Hop (166)
19.46%
Electronic (58)
6.8%
Indie (136)
15.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise